Lamborghini Talk banner

1101 - 1111 of 1111 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
3,399 Posts
Lotus Esprit
That is interesting AKA Wet Nellie. Apparently, the car does NOT maintain a dry interior requiring the occupants to "don scuba gear" but it does perform underwater. During the filming it was operated by a former Navy SEAL Don Griffin.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,103
Well Chris , we all have our weaknesses. Now that they said lotus, I see it. Still looks like a 308 in front.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,104
If you are going to do a bond car it must be English. WTF was I thinking. I will have to retire my badge.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I am most surprised by the fact you did not instantly recognize the film and know the car from that. The film is "The Spy Who Loved Me". It was one of my favorite Bond films growing up. The Lotus was a big part of why I liked the film so much. If you have any fondness for old Bond films, you might get a kick out of seeing it. Sean Conery often drove an Aston Martin, but Roger Moore often drove a Lotus Esprit.

That film had a big influence on me getting into cars as a kid.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
3,399 Posts
I don't want to get into an argument with the forum members but, as we all should be well aware, there was only one James Bond 007, and that is none other than Sean Connery. Enough said! ;)

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,111
Man I am lucky to remember details from last week let alone 40 years ago. But I have to Agree Sean Connery was the greatest bond.

1101 - 1111 of 1111 Posts