Lamborghini Talk banner
1,001 - 1,020 of 1,270 Posts
Discussion starter · #1,001 ·
Nice area. I lived in Austin back in the early 80s after college. (UT Grad) Pflugerville round rock area. If you get up to DFW let me know ahead of time.

Discussion starter · #1,003 ·
If I have to wear one more mask.......................... Luckily it is not as crazy up here. There were very few cases in my area.

If I have to wear one more mask.......................... Luckily it is not as crazy up here. There were very few cases in my area.
I hear you and although the mask is pretty effective it has gotten real old real quick. Never thought I would ever see the American people having to deal with the likes of a pandemic. Just goes to show you we worry about all manner of things than you get broad sided by the unforeseen. In fact, I have often found that what really cuts the deepest is not the things we fret over endlessly its those events that was nowhere to be found on our horizon.

Georgetown is very nice area. I had my college year & lousy work at some of the tech companies in Austin. Was dirt poor back then eating bean soup for weeks. Very nice town lovely people lots of bats. Learned all my technical knowledge there, learned my trades here & there across countries before starting on my own. Best decision I could ever made. Why do the work for the lazy boss when I can do 10 people's job by myself & at better efficiency & results.

Georgetown is very nice area. I had my college year & lousy work at some of the tech companies in Austin. Was dirt poor back then eating bean soup for weeks. Very nice town lovely people lots of bats. Learned all my technical knowledge there, learned my trades here & there across countries before starting on my own. Best decision I could ever made. Why do the work for the lazy boss when I can do 10 people's job by myself & at better efficiency & results.
Yes Georgetown is presently a nice place to live but Central Texas is growing rapidly. As we have more tech companies move in we are getting many East and West coast transplants. Alas life is like a river not a lake............

Many of us on this forum can relate to the impoverished college days but it was a means to an end. Many of us I suspect were on a "mission" of self improvement to achieve a better life, and it appears some, if not most, of us apparently succeeded. ;)

According to past posts, Wasn’t this supposed to be the time when all the cars prices were supposed to drop and crash?
They dropped for about a month or so when COVID first hit then they went higher than the pre-COVID pricing and have remained above the pre-COVID pricing. Inventory is presently sparse; see post #988 & #989.

I checked with Car Guru & Auto Trader yesterday just to see what I can expect to get for my 580 Spyder and surprisingly the pricing has held or increased for cars similar to mine and inventory was slim. This is good news!

I checked with Car Guru & Auto Trader yesterday just to see what I can expect to get for my 580 Spyder and surprisingly the pricing has held or increased for cars similar to mine and inventory was slim. This is good news!
Increased based upon what I have observed but if there are members that can find pre-COVID pricing then more power to them.

I am going to have my dealer give me a trade in quote a month before my new car will be ready and it it a low ball again I will post my car for sale on this site.

Reactions: Booth9999 and DXM31
I am going to have my dealer give me a trade in quote a month before my new car will be ready and it it a low ball again I will post my car for sale on this site.
If they low ball you I absolutely would! You have a beautiful car wing and all.......it could be win-win for you and a potential forum buyer. In fact, if you do sell it on the forum I would sell it a few months before your EVO arrives so as to give you more time to get a good/reasonable price.

I would so much prefer to sell to a forum member whereI know all my efforts went to a good person.

Discussion starter · #1,020 ·
I have to admit Ghost, I am shocked by the car market. In reality I am much happier that My business is still doing very well and I paid cash for my Murcie. I still feel I got a great buy. The car is absolutely mint. Even smells new. I just let my 17 year old son and future son in law take it to a car meet. I have probably lost my mind but neither one drinks or does drugs and both are really responsible.

1,001 - 1,020 of 1,270 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.