Lamborghini Talk banner
981 - 1,000 of 1,270 Posts
Being from Texas if the World does go down and descends into chaos and anarchy then my first thought of a handy skill is Marksmanship.🎯
Man I wish I took the courses and learned more while I was in Texas. Being able to self defense & hunt goes a long way. I only have the basic knowledge in using survival knife and maybe forage. My self defense skill is called fast bush ninja. I flash sprinting like a ninja & hide in a bush :ROFLMAO:

Man I wish I took the courses and learned more while I was in Texas. Being able to self defense & hunt goes a long way. I only have the basic knowledge in using survival knife and maybe forage. My self defense skill is called fast bush ninja. I flash sprinting like a ninja & hide in a bush :ROFLMAO:
Funny as heck.......though I do not have the survivalist fervor, that is I am not stocking piling stuff, I think having several firearms and ammunition to me is kind of cheap insurance. I posted this elsewhere but I personally was vehemently opposed to guns, and in fact, I would not even buy my children water guns but then after four creeps kicked down our door while living in North Carolina I (we) changed our perspective. They broke into our home at 11 am on a weekday in October of 2010 and fortunately both my wife and I were at work and therefore we were spared potential harm or worse still. After that incident it's the old saying there are no atheists in the fox hole. Now we have several weapons cocked and locked to include a few shotguns, and we both have our LTCs.

My post-election survival kit [emoji1360]

FWIW I jumped back to read the very beginnings of this thread. Entertaining in retrospect.
You are probably joking but this lunacy of the defund the Police movement is taking hold and gaining more and more traction.........so I believe basic home defense is, as I said above, cheap insurance. This is a sad state of affairs and quite frankly, a disheartening new reality.

Funny, I was never much of a gun guy. I like to plink targets and what I have for that was always locked away. After finding a prowler on my back porch trying to work the door, and a second guy trying to distract me at the front door, all while my 60lb boxer mix was growling murder, we decided to reconfigure our storage for quick access.

we decided to reconfigure our storage for quick access.
The police response time is upward of 20 minutes and the criminals know this, in fact, when they broke into my home my next door neighbor was in his office looking out and saw 4 individuals approach my garage side door the big guy kicked the door in and then went back to the car the other three ransacked the house. They had it timed where they would spend no more than 10 to 15 minutes in the home to avoid having the police arrive but in this case my neighbor called the police immediately. My point is you cannot wait for the police to save the day so we are cocked and locked at all times. I think it is injudicious to lock the gun away in one location and ammo in another location; on the ready is the only way to fly.

I can tell you as a DEALER..prices are still up and still in the near future look to stay up..

Simple reason....there is no inventory out there to replace the inventory sold...no supply chain feeding us. No one is trading their used cars in for new ones, as there are no new ones coming down he pipe as all factory's are still closed for production. I think were looking at late spring next year before the supply chain catches up.

I know other dealers will POO POO me for writing this, but I have no problem sharing with the community facts, not rumors.

I can tell you as a DEALER..prices are still up and still in the near future look to stay up..

Simple reason....there is no inventory out there to replace the inventory sold...no supply chain feeding us.
The lack of supply is exactly what my sales person told me about a month after I bought my car, and that makes sense given Italy was under pressure and then people, to some degree, went hog wild after the lock down buying preowned (preloved ;) ) cars, and that further helped dry up the inventory.

There was a Miura that sold at a Goodings Auction on Sept 5 for 3,207,000 BP or ($4,270,000). Estimate was between 1,600,000 and 2,000,000 BP. Previous record was from an SV in 2017 for $2,540,000.

This auction tells me the vintage market is heating up rather than cooling off.

If you've got a Miura, it may have gone up around 60% over the last 3 years. Might want to see above about guns too.... ;)

There was a Miura that sold at a Goodings Auction on Sept 5 for 3,207,000 BP or ($4,270,000). Estimate was between 1,600,000 and 2,000,000 BP. Previous record was from an SV in 2017 for $2,540,000.

This auction tells me the vintage market is heating up rather than cooling off.

If you've got a Miura, it may have gone up around 60% over the last 3 years. Might want to see above about guns too.... ;)
Wow 60% is indeed impressive but I am not a collector just an enthusiast. In fact, I was showing my wife some older model cars and she has one pet comment....."I don't like old cars only new ones". It's funny when we were looking at some preowned Porsches a couple of years ago we came across some Porsches with 5K+ miles on the odometer, and the wife stated the mileage is good but now she sees a sports car/supercar with 5K+ miles she states emphatically that's too many miles. :ROFLMAO: Her concepts have evolved as we immersed ourselves in this sport/hobby..........

My Pearl Yellow 2001 Diablo 6.0 just sold last week at close to full asking....working on both my Countaches with possible buyers right now as well..

I have ANOTHER 2001 Diablo 6.0 in Pearl Yellow inbound New tires, fresh 30K major service be here by the end of the month 22K miles Will list at probably $275K ...I think the 6.0 cars are $500K cars in a matter of a few years ONE year only body design and 6.0 ltr motor Less the 260 built world wide A true SUPER CAR for sure. I can tell you, every time I take my 6.0 out, it gets WAY MORE attention then any other of my Lambos, with the exception of my LM..that's just a crazy attention grabber. Only around 300 of those made world wide as well.

Discussion starter · #994 ·
Russ , I can appreciate that. It probably tires my wife out also. I must be ADD or something. If I am not working on some project then I get really cranky. I used to love working on houses till I built a bunch of them. Now it is primarily cars .My neighbor used to call me an idiot savant. I rarely ever sit still. I even fabricate things out of the paper program at church. Hey 2018. Nice shooting. What kind of paper punch did you use. LOL If everything melts down you can come out to my place. I will keep the lights and water on while you defend the gates. I would like to assist with any devious traps we come up with. I have an old gas well on the property that still produces gas. Surround the property with a loop , a few ignitors and we have a hollywood style wall of fire. Of course someone needs to pick off anyone brave enough to cross. (There goes that idiot portion again) Lee PS We are only 7 posts away from 1000. That has to be some kind of record. I cant believe how much fun this post has been. I hope all of you have liked it as well.

Discussion starter · #995 ·
I forgot about the sub idea. That sounds interesting. The ones I saw on a tv program about smugglers were designed to go just slightly below the surface. Are any of these real subs or mainly sub surface transports?

Hey 2018. Nice shooting. What kind of paper punch did you use. LOL If everything melts down you can come out to my place. I will keep the lights and water on while you defend the gates.
Lee, that is @octechnologist's target but if it were me I could definitely crop them closer.....I have a superior paper punch. In fact, I pre-punch my targets before hanging them. ;) No seriously I think @octechnologist looks like a deadly shot........

My bad. Sorry Ochtech . Great shooting. (Dont want to piss him off)
You better be careful....have you taken a gander at @octechnologist's arsenal? I think he probably is partial to the saying......"if you love something let it go and if it doesn't come back hunt it down and kill it"............You better be careful......I will try not to be at the same Cars & Coffees you attend.....you know stray fire and all.:eek:

981 - 1,000 of 1,270 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.