Lamborghini Talk banner

701 - 720 of 795 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
13,027 Posts
You’re right Lee, this a great place but after awhile it gets a little small. You can only circle the Island so many times.

Reactions: DXM31

·
Registered
218 Posts
So. Cal guys if you want to get a small drive and get together going, please post so we can plan accordingly. Great minds and businessmen will have a lot to share and chat about during a day with the bulls out!

·
Registered
167 Posts
I mean... I've never been to Hawaii . Once in a lifetime trip to meet up with bunch of lambos and their awesome owners... I'd trade in my wife for such a thing haha. Bringing her would be cheaper in the longterm tho lol

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #705
Hawaii would be great but transport would be a beast. I have always wanted to drive all the way down from Texas to the tip of South America.You would need a roll of bills for bribes and a badass guard to take with you like ex special forces or secret service. You would not want to be married as I am sure you would get many proposals on the way. I have driven Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Panama, ElSalvador, Belize, Nicaragua and Mexico extensively. (In rent cars ). It is doable if you survive Mexico. I do not drive there anymore. Might as well paint a bullseye on a blond gringo. It would sure be fun and exciting. Most of them have never even seen a supercar. I think a lot of the cops would be afraid to mess with you assuming you were someone very well connected or dangerous. The ones that did … well just get out the old palm greaser. It ALWAYS works down there. LOL Lee

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #706
OOPs , Saint Peter might not approve of that one either.

·
Vendor
2,399 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
And people were dismissing my notion that this might be happening :)

Seems like the only reason he was discovered is because he got into an accident with it.

I’m willing to bet many other people did the same thing on a smaller, less noticeable scale.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
I saw that guy on the news tonight arguing with the cops about wearing a mask.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Don't judge a book by its cover right?? But maybe a good judge of character is how much money he spent (at once) on... Car, clothes, jewellery and then a dating site. Maybe he's just a sad soul looking for love!?

Ya... No. He's just a tool lol! Worst paper trail of fraud ever. Now good luck finding a date now living at mommy's with an gps unit attached to you! It made the Canadian news too.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
80/20 rule, there are more dumber people out there. I’ll bet this guy isn’t the only one but just the one who got caught

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
I don’t know how he possibly thought he could get away with it? I got a PPP and we had to have complete documentation with backup through our payroll company, in order for it to be forgiven.

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
472 Posts
Don't have to worry about PPP and what not........retired 5+ years ago. Let me think Work or Retirement.........hmmmmmm.........yeh Retirement is better, at least for me. 😁

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Don't have to worry about PPP and what not........retired 5+ years ago. Let me think Work or Retirement.........hmmmmmm.........yeh Retirements better, at least for me. 😁
I am working on retiring, but the problem is I like spending money!

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
472 Posts
I am working on retiring, but the problem is I like spending money!
Not to worry......you can do both. Plan B would be send your wife to work but in my case my wife has been retired for 10 years.😂

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I saw that PPP Lamborghini story this morning and it cracked me up. Like others have said, I bet this is happening like crazy on a smaller scale. A coworker got a PPP loan for his side business and his accountant told him not to worry so much about the detailed restrictions because the amount was so low he was unlikely to get audited. Stimulus was well intended, but I bet there is quite a bit of sketch going on. Buying a brand new Lamborghini with it made me laugh. Article I read made him sound like a career scammer, but that move took some balls.

I would love to hear how he tries to defend that decision to the court.....

·
Registered
638 Posts
Not to worry......you can do both. Plan B would be send your wife to work but in my case my wife has been retired for 10 years.😂
Sounds like my wife and I except I retired first and she saw how much fun I was having a retired two years later. To be fair she only worked two days a week. We seem to be so busy now I don't know how I had the time to go to work. I had more free time when I worked.:unsure:

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
472 Posts
Sounds like my wife and I except I retired first and she saw how much fun I was having a retired two years later. To be fair she only worked two days a week. We seem to be so busy now I don't know how I had the time to go to work. I had more free time when I worked.:unsure:
That is spot on about being busier after retirement, in fact, I told my wife I would go back work so I could take it a little easier. 😂 Though, love retirement!

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #720
What a dipshit. It is like tax frauds. Sooner or later you will get caught. Many yrs ago I made friends with an IRS revenue officer that helped us out after I went broke. He used to tell me stories about guys like that. They are so obvious it is ridiculous. One guy lived in a million dollar lake house had multiple exotics and a 250k boat. His boat house was probably half a million. He was showing only 20K per year in income. Not even enough to pay property taxes. Needless to say they took it all. I admit I hate paying giant checks to the IRS but it is much better than being wiped out and living in the graybar hotel with a 300 lb boyfriend that calls you honey or sweet cheeks. Lee

701 - 720 of 795 Posts