Lamborghini Talk banner

561 - 580 of 697 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
How does this part go when the car is at a major Lamborghini dealer?
I assume they do this sort of thing pretty regularly. On a high mile car, I think it is really important. This car has low miles, but if was buying it, I would insist on having it inspected and work it out with the seller. They sound a little pompous. I think what "Maybe Someday" did was absolutely perfect. They are not budging on price, so that is that for now.

Did you look into the one Roy Cats at Cats Exotics is offering?

·
Super Moderator
3,191 Posts
You are waaaay more trusting of human nature than I am :)
It's not that at all. I've bought more cars than most, and more exotics than most. It's pretty simple, I shop the seller just as much as a I shop the car. When it's a private party, I spend a lot of time talking to the person before I even consider making an offer, and then i do a PPI since it's hard to really know everything about a car without know how and lift/tools etc. When i'm shopping cars from franchise dealers, I do my research on them too. If my research tells me that they are a good dealer, why on Earth would I need to send the car to another place to get it checked out? If I get the car and something really is wrong, that dealer will absolutely fix it(that's where researching reviews goes a long way.) This happened years ago when I bought a Gallardo from Lambo NB. The car came and shortly after was leaking coolant. They covered the entire cost to repair it no questions asked. If you feel the need to get the car checked out from a franchise** dealer, then something is seriously weird there. From non franchise dealers, then by all means get a PPI, but same rules above apply, do research to mitigate risk.

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,649 Posts
Well I offered them 172k subject to satisfactory PPI and they informed me that they "are the oldest Lamborghini dealer in the country. All of the services are up to date as [they] are a Lambo dealer. (No PPI necessary) Price is $179,880 but thanks for the offer."

The 179,800 is their (FC Kerbeck) list price. Like I said, this has been listed for a year.
I am surprised they didn't even counter your offer with maybe $177 or so. Then maybe settled at $175. I would be tempted to tell them fine, keep my number and call me when you're ready to make a sale and get it off your floor.

·
Registered
116 Posts
lambo kerbeck stinks....stay away.
they have bad attitudes....and trust me they don’t care.
there corvette dealership has a better sales environment.

·
Vendor
2,387 Posts
You can easily save 15k+ with a private seller which I just did. Dealers haven’t broken down yet but will have no choice If this keeps up.

Also this is peak time to buy an exotic and EVERY dealer knows this so their noses will be up higher.

p.s. take Roy up on that deal before it’s gone in a week

·
Registered
116 Posts
i like to say this for the buyer ...if you like a car enough .
Go look at it touch and feel....u will see if a car is pos...or a diamond.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
It's not that at all. I've bought more cars than most, and more exotics than most. It's pretty simple, I shop the seller just as much as a I shop the car. When it's a private party, I spend a lot of time talking to the person before I even consider making an offer, and then i do a PPI since it's hard to really know everything about a car without know how and lift/tools etc. When i'm shopping cars from franchise dealers, I do my research on them too. If my research tells me that they are a good dealer, why on Earth would I need to send the car to another place to get it checked out? If I get the car and something really is wrong, that dealer will absolutely fix it(that's where researching reviews goes a long way.) This happened years ago when I bought a Gallardo from Lambo NB. The car came and shortly after was leaking coolant. They covered the entire cost to repair it no questions asked. If you feel the need to get the car checked out from a franchise** dealer, then something is seriously weird there. From non franchise dealers, then by all means get a PPI, but same rules above apply, do research to mitigate risk.
Your dealers sound far better than any I know of in my area. Lamborghini Portland lasted a couple years and shut down with a terrible reputation. I could go on and on with stories. If you buy a car from a dealer in Oregon, do your research and get a PPI.

I also think that social media has forced dealers to really clean up their act. One dealer told me they would not chance selling older cars because of the potential a bad one could damage their reputation. Times have changed, but I would still be careful.

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,649 Posts
There are only three dealers that I would trust, Newport Beach, Miami and Dallas. All are 5 star dealerships.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Cats Exotics has a great reputation. I have not heard much good or bad about Lamborghini Bellevue. Not hearing any bad is probably a good thing. Met and talked to some of their people a few times. Nothing stood out as a concern.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Anyone have experience with the Lambo dealer up here in Seattle?
Never bought anything but in my visit while I was in Seattle they seem knowledgable and attentive. Ultimately if you're buying any car, get a PPI or if you're getting from a factory dealer then ask for CPO and 1 year of warranty.

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
NRG,
Cats exotics is your ticket. Also there are several good mechanics up here for PPIs chief among them would be Josh at Veloce Motorsports in Kirkland totem Lake area.

I have had some dealings with Lamborghini Bellevue none unfavorable but I have not transacted with them. They seem to have a reputable service shop. Next door is Park Place Ltd who occasionally carries consigned Lamborghinis. They are straight shooters.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #577
Sounds like you are dealing with the wrong person or they are not taking you seriously. I have three rules when buying cars. 1. Don't fall in love with any of them unless it is so unique there is nothing else like it.
2.Make the offer and shut up. The first one to talk loses. If you have a price you are willing to pay then make that offer and do not speak or reply till they answer.
3. This is probably the most important. SHOW THEM THE MONEY. So many dealers get frivolous inquiries that they usually brush them off. Go in there with a 6 figure bank statement or a bank letter showing you are approved for 200K and they will pay attention. Also I always negotiate in person. A plane ticket is cheap and any seller will usually pick you up at the airport. Not many frivolous buyers spend real money on a plane ticket. What are you trading in. I am looking for more cars. PM me

·
Registered
116 Posts
call roy he can call around and find you a car...You know one thing roy won’t screw you
he will find the car u like ....call him he’s a good guy.

·
Registered
76 Posts
It doesn’t seem like this pandemic has done much to asking prices at least. I’m going to look at my first Huracan this weekend. Wish me luck.

·
Super Moderator
3,191 Posts
Cars have moved just a little bit. It's true that there is not much price budging which is surprising.

561 - 580 of 697 Posts