Lamborghini Talk banner

521 - 540 of 693 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Lee don’t stress this is a game they are playing ....putting fear into people so they can make more sheep
to follow them so they can get votes.
Lee keep your chin up....don’t worry want the losers want us to believe.

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Amen, brother Lee! Happy Memorial Day everyone, and dont ever be the frog in the proverbial frying pan like the over-reaction to this virus has lulled you into. Get out there this weekend and drive those Lamborghinis!!!

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,608 Posts
Yes, I’m with you guys, I’ll be celebrating my freedom this weekend and giving thanks to all those that made it possible.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
What do you guys think about this 610? It has 5800 miles I've been told, but not confirmed.

edit: it's on consignment and seller is selling because he got an Aventador roadster. Been up for 90 days.

I love the color and configuration.
If it’s consigned, I find more negotiating and room as the dealer representing the car has zero skin in the deal. It’s pure profit for them. I say shoot a low offer to get the negotiating happening if this is the car you are on. Dealers want to know you are serious if the owner says yes.
having just purchased another marque this way, I waited out the owner for a month and circled back with an even lower offer which was practically ignored until I told the dealer to just give the offer to the owner and then let him decide.
He agreed to the price and deal was done.

·
Registered
67 Posts
My thoughts exactly. Have you seen the 2 black 610s at Lambo Austin? They're priced $6k and $10k higher than that one and they have 21k and 9k more miles, respectively. And they think the pricing is on market because Cargurus shows it as a 'fair price'. It's frustrating because the prices are so high it is a nonstarter because a realistic, fair offer wouldn't be considered.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I haven’t reached out to Austin, I Did reach out to lambo Dallas, wrote a pretty lengthy email about purchasing and some background on myself, price point and left it pretty open to conversation. I got a one liner that looked like it was sent via text

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,608 Posts
Dealers just don’t seem to be motivated, at least not on high end cars.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #531
Thanks for the support guys. So true about the frog in the frying pan. Liberty is usually taken away in small snippets so no one will notice. Unfortunately they are taking big bites and many people are wearing blinders. The good thing is that people are starting to notice and fight back. I think prices are holding for now.. With all the stimulus and PPP money put out there, the real crunch has been moved forward. It is still looming out there with so many unemployed but may take a few more months to really affect car prices. Remember , we are coming off the best economy in 50 years. Most people and companies have built up decent reserves. Prices will not drop until there is an imbalance in supply and demand. Once more sellers enter the market and HAVE to sell, the equation will flip and prices will start falling. (Just like 2009,10 and 11)There are still a lot of bargain hunters sitting on the sidelines. I really hope the economy comes back and prices stay stable. That means my business is making a lot of money and 10 or 20 or 30K wont matter.Luckily, there is still the perception that we will recover fairly quickly. Perception is what drives the economy more than reality.
I plan to wait several more months unless a smokin deal comes along. At least by late summer we will have an idea of which way things are going. Keep driving, keep fighting. Take care my brothers. Lee

·
Super Moderator
3,191 Posts
I'm with you Lee. Hope things turn around as it will make the potential savings irrelevant. I think around September we will have a better outlook on the economy. All we can do now is try to enjoy the summer, keep our eyes open and try to maintain our freedoms.

·
Vendor
2,387 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,191 Posts
That's the one in all the youtube videos from that rental company in vegas.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have had a few back and forths with a dealership regarding one of their cars just asking some questions about consignment vs. ownership and other features of the car. It has been listed a year. In the salesman's latest response to me he proactively, without me mentioning price, said "We have our best price advertised. Please let me know if you have any additional questions." Is it too aggressive at this point to start mentioning comps at lower prices, that we are a month away from it being another MY old, that it hasn't sold at that price yet and theyre continuing to sink money into it rather than selling for a fair price and getting the cash flow, etc.? Or should I continue to ask questions (don't really have any more, except I could ask why they think it hasn't sold yet in a year but that may be insulting) or tell them about myself/what I am lookin for?

BTW, they said originally it was consigned but now is owned by them.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have had a few back and forths with a dealership regarding one of their cars just asking some questions about consignment vs. ownership and other features of the car. It has been listed a year. In the salesman's latest response to me he proactively, without me mentioning price, said "We have our best price advertised. Please let me know if you have any additional questions." Is it too aggressive at this point to start mentioning comps at lower prices, that we are a month away from it being another MY old, that it hasn't sold at that price yet and theyre continuing to sink money into it rather than selling for a fair price and getting the cash flow, etc.? Or should I continue to ask questions (don't really have any more, except I could ask why they think it hasn't sold yet in a year but that may be insulting) or tell them about myself/what I am lookin for?

BTW, they said originally it was consigned but now is owned by them.
Having just recently sold a Performante which I listed end of march (beginning of lockdown) and sold a week ago, I can safely tell you that the market hasn't crashed at all. I also went 5 days later and bought a Performante Spyder. My thoughts is that the market is about 10k down (for a 200k+ car) from pre-covid Jan/Feb. I basically got a few grand more than what I would have gotten if I had traded the car in back in Feb. Provided, my car is in excellent condition and is a special edition and there aren't too many on the market (currently only 37 performantes coupe and spiders combined listed).

I was getting insulting offers like 30-40k below asking and dumb stuff like that. But I also got 3 people back and forth, then once my car was actually sold all 3 came back with a little big higher offer and wanted to buy it. I would say if you find a car at 200k they'd be willing to do 8k off asking. If the car is 170k or below you can probably get 5-6k off. Keep in mind the list prices already are 5k at least off the previous months. People like yourself and others who are looking for these cars obviously aren't affected by the current economy.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Having just recently sold a Performante which I listed end of march (beginning of lockdown) and sold a week ago, I can safely tell you that the market hasn't crashed at all. I also went 5 days later and bought a Performante Spyder. My thoughts is that the market is about 10k down (for a 200k+ car) from pre-covid Jan/Feb. I basically got a few grand more than what I would have gotten if I had traded the car in back in Feb. Provided, my car is in excellent condition and is a special edition and there aren't too many on the market (currently only 37 performantes coupe and spiders combined listed).

I was getting insulting offers like 30-40k below asking and dumb stuff like that. But I also got 3 people back and forth, then once my car was actually sold all 3 came back with a little big higher offer and wanted to buy it. I would say if you find a car at 200k they'd be willing to do 8k off asking. If the car is 170k or below you can probably get 5-6k off. Keep in mind the list prices already are 5k at least off the previous months. People like yourself and others who are looking for these cars obviously aren't affected by the current economy.
So the car is a 580, nothing limited or special edition and there are I'd say at least 5-6 listings of similar specs with a few thousand less miles (all under 10k miles, including the car in question) with lower list prices. We're talking mid/high 170's.

I think 170k would be fair, but is this the point in the discussion to bring up an offer given that he mentioned their pricing without solicitation? And support my offer with the info I was mentioning?

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Maybe Someday,

If you are serious about buying that car I think YOU need to start negotiations. "Why has this car not sold for a year?", is a very legitimate question. Make an offer. Go low if you want. Based on your post, you probably don't sound like a serious buyer to them. If the car has been sitting that long, I bet they have had some offers on it. I would guess they would go to previous low offers before calling the guy who asked a lot of questions to make him an offer.

I have heard a mountain of BS regarding prices on exotic cars. NO ONE EVER LISTS "BEST PRICE"!!!! I was told that BS on my car. Then they dropped the price 15% as soon as they realized I was serious. I didn't buy, and they sold it 2 months later for 30% off their "firm" price. I bought my car later at auction. This is an extreme case, but you get the point.

Highly desirable cars might sometimes go for asking price because of high demand. This does not sound like one of those cases.....

·
Registered
67 Posts
Maybe Someday,

If you are serious about buying that car I think YOU need to start negotiations. "Why has this car not sold for a year?", is a very legitimate question. Make an offer. Go low if you want. Based on your post, you probably don't sound like a serious buyer to them. If the car has been sitting that long, I bet they have had some offers on it. I would guess they would go to previous low offers before calling the guy who asked a lot of questions to make him an offer.

I have heard a mountain of BS regarding prices on exotic cars. NO ONE EVER LISTS "BEST PRICE"!!!! I was told that BS on my car. Then they dropped the price 15% as soon as they realized I was serious. I didn't buy, and they sold it 2 months later for 30% off their "firm" price. I bought my car later at auction. This is an extreme case, but you get the point.

Highly desirable cars might sometimes go for asking price because of high demand. This does not sound like one of those cases.....
I thought that asking questions about the car is supposed to indicate that you are serious rather than calling them up and throwing your number at them. If that's the case I will gladly just make my offer because I don't really care about their answers to my questions. In your example what did you do/say to make them know you are serious?

521 - 540 of 693 Posts