Lamborghini Talk banner

501 - 520 of 603 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Anyone able to shed some light on the below LP610? 22k miles and an accident, but they want $178k. Seems off. Also price history shows it was previously at $165k, so why raise it $12k if it could not even sell at the lower price? It has been listed for nearly 6 months.

The accident says it was a sideswipe but I have to imagine the damage was expensive to fix or they would not have reported to insurance and permanently blemished the Carfax. I did not hear back from the dealer when I requested additional details regarding the accident.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?zip=92648&showNegotiable=true&sortDir=ASC&sourceContext=untrackedWithinSite_false_0&distance=50000&sortType=DEAL_SCORE&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=d2285#listing=259985580

·
Registered
549 Posts
Anyone able to shed some light on the below LP610? 22k miles and an accident, but they want $178k. Seems off. Also price history shows it was previously at $165k, so why raise it $12k if it could not even sell at the lower price? It has been listed for nearly 6 months.

The accident says it was a sideswipe but I have to imagine the damage was expensive to fix or they would not have reported to insurance and permanently blemished the Carfax. I did not hear back from the dealer when I requested additional details regarding the accident.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?zip=92648&showNegotiable=true&sortDir=ASC&sourceContext=untrackedWithinSite_false_0&distance=50000&sortType=DEAL_SCORE&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=d2285#listing=259985580
I don't know anything about this car, but I have a similar experience with another dealer a couple years ago. I found a deeply discounted Spyder with less than 1000 miles on it. The dealer said the damage was $1500??? First of all who would claim $1500 on their insurance and what could you do to a Huracan than only costs $1500??? I asked for pics of the damage and got no response. I didn't buy that car. Common sense tells me someone has pics of the damage to the car you linked. Getting those pics maybe difficult.

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,301 Posts

2 accidents and high miles is a major turn off. Should be 20K less. There are better cars out there.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
That's another thing..the listing shows 2 accidents but carfax only has 1?
Car Fax only lists claims I believe. There was an Aventador listed for sale in two pieces a couple years ago. Accident tore the car in half at the firewall. There was a picture of the car sitting in two pieces and the car had "a clean carfax".

Never put a lot of faith in those. They are helpful in some cases, but by no means an accurate and honest history of a car.

·
Registered
325 Posts
These car dealers that sell these kind of cars with inaccurate accident info should be in jail. How can it be a sideswipe when the front end was off until the firewall. They think all rich people is stupid.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #508
Carfax does not see non dealer or non insurance reported repairs. Look closely at the title history. Has there been a lot of recent ownership changes or has the title moved across state lines multiple times in short order. Call the prior owners. You can usually find names and numbers on people finder services.
Take the car to a good body man. He will be able to spot collision repairs. If interested , I can give you a novice list. Look for new paint on a relatively new car. That is always a big warning siren. Try to buy cars with original paint. No way to hide damage there. Lee

·
Registered
104 Posts
Also when looking for paint work make sure all paint orange peel matches....also look
for paint overspray.
And look with good light and different angles ..it will show.

·
Vendor
2,354 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,301 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
More importantly, how do you find out this info on accidents?
I don't know how much this will help in the Lamborghini market but I've walked away from a number of Supras that were advertised as accident free with Carfax reports that suggested the same while the cars were missing vin numbers from various panels. Replacement panels don't have vin numbers.

First strike is when a seller fails to mention that, second strike is when they can't provide any logical explanation as to why the vin(s) would be missing. At that point I don't trust anything the seller has claimed and walk away.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I had reached out to them a bit ago and got this in response to my inquiry, for what it's worth to you:

"Did you have any questions specifically about it? It's worth $174000 wholesale so it's not one we have to get rid of or worry about but are open to realistic offers. "
Ufff, that’s quite an interesting response. Thanks for sharing

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
More importantly, how do you find out this info on accidents?
were advertised as accident free with Carfax reports that suggested the same while the cars were missing vin numbers from various panels.

Has anyone looked into the Carfax guarantee and filing a claim if they can prove the car was in an accident? I’m curious how much Carfax would pay in an example like you mentioNed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is truly a fascinating topic.

In 2008, the day of the market crash, Barrett-Jackson had a blowout auction despite the falling stock market. The buyers were asked during cashiering why they had bought a vehicle: was it for the passion of that particular car, as an investment, or the like. Many were seeking to move from the stock market into hard assets.

Bear in mind I don't recommend cars as an investment. The market is fickle, and tastes are ever-changing.

I am very interested to see what the pandemic will do to late-model exotics. I have my suspicions, but only time will tell.

I ask that everyone keep in mind that the asking prices shouldn't be utilized as comps. Your best bet is to utilize a guide such as the CPI Black Book for private party valuations, which is based upon known/actual transactions. If you'd like a rough estimate on values for your vehicle from the CPI, feel free to reach out to me, as I have a subscription: [email protected]. I'm happy to provide free comps.

Be safe out there -

Muffy

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #520
Thanks for the offer on lookup. I am really getting the itch to buy another car especially since I have been waiting months on parts for mine. I have been getting really nervous about the government overreach going on right now. A friend of mine sent me a letter from a prominent scientist to the city of Santa fe imploring them not to pass an ordinance requiring masks to be worn in public. This has gone way overboard.Now they are pushing Contract tracing. That would be the biggest invasion of privacy in the history of this country. Can you imagine the federal and local government having all your health, friends ,contacts, movements and activities monitored. This is like Nazi Germany stuff. Of course all of it is in the name of public health. The ramifications of this should scare everyone to death. Do we really believe that they will give back this ability once they get it. When has that ever happened in the past? Now they want to hire several million unemployed people to make contact tracers. What will happen to all of them once Corona is over? Will this become the new secret police? I will never allow anyone to contact trace me. We are losing our freedom at a rate never before seen. Everyone needs to think about what is being taken away. What happens when they decide that no one needs a Lamborghini ? Once you start down a slope it is hard to stop the motion. Lets all stop it now before the stone gains momentum. I will be the first one in line to go to jail if they try to force it on me. Both my father and grandfathers fought bravely in two world wars to protect our freedom. To give it away freely on this memorial day weekend would have them turning in their graves.

501 - 520 of 603 Posts