Lamborghini Talk banner

481 - 500 of 603 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,179 Posts
This kind of data just shows you where they are testing heavy and where they aren't. Also this doesn't take into account the places that have "mistakenly" double and triple counted hospital patients that they retest. This was absolutely a thing in Puerto Rico and admitted, and as far as I know in Illinois as well, and quite frankly I am guessing everywhere. Further, It's quite clear that the death toll is FAR below the advertised numbers just going off of the governments response to how deaths are calculated.

If someone got shot in the head, and as they were falling down happened to slice their finger open on a nearby table, this person has now died from a sliced finger. This is the exact way they are counting covid deaths *admittedly!!*

Open your businesses people. Stand up for yourselves. If you get bothered by "authorities," then take it to court. Don't just lay down and give up your rights.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I know of a Rosso Bia (Wine Red) 2016 Aventador SV Coupe that just sold for $355K with 13,000 miles. Decent if you ask me, but prices have not dropped hard yet.

My Predictions
Aventador SV Coupe (in September): $315K
Aventador SV Roadster (in Sept.): $330K
2012 Aventador Coupe (in Sept.): $195K
2014 Aventador Roadster (in Sept.): $220K

·
Registered
131 Posts
Amazing. I’ve heard 2012 Aventadors should be avoided. Any truth to that?
Best to buy 2013+, but I've had friends put 15,000+ problem free miles on their 2012 Aventador. 2012's had transmission issues, which prompted a recall. But the recall just replaces the trans with another 2012 trans... so the issue is always a scary cloud over the car.

I am looking for 2014 myself (Roadster).

·
Registered
43 Posts
I know of a Rosso Bia (Wine Red) 2016 Aventador SV Coupe that just sold for $355K with 13,000 miles. Decent if you ask me, but prices have not dropped hard yet.

My Predictions
Hey LamobJesus - was this the one at Newport that you are referring too? It's still listed on their website, just wondering.

·
Super Moderator
3,179 Posts

My Predictions
2012 AV coupes have been selling for under 200k for a long while now.

SV roadster for 330k would be interesting...I predicted 375k for a 17, which in theory should only put a 16 around 350k. If they go to 330k, that would be pretty crazy.

220k for an SV roadster could definitely happen...Would be interesting to see

·
Registered
104 Posts
Jr and the rest here i hope the aventador goes down in price so you can grab on the cheap...��
For me i like the ferrari F12 to go down some so i can grab one....but the dealers are holding on pricing.
Let’s wait it out maybe we will win.

·
Super Moderator
3,179 Posts
I personally don’t mind either way. I just sold my Aventador because I was never able to drive it. Any new car I buy won’t get driven either, so if they go down, Great, if not, great too.

Dealers are holding out as long as they can, let’s see how much longer.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I hate having my cash earning next to nothing, but after today I’m glad to have it safe. I think there is more to come at least in the short term.
If you have a mortgage, then hopefully you have enough equity (>25%) to get a giant simple low interest HELOC. Then you pay off your entire mortgage, use said cash to pay down the HELOC. When interests of those accounts go back up, take the money out of the HELOC and put it back in those accounts. You have your cash working for you at all times maximum effort.

This is what I do. No mortgage, just a giant simple low interest rate HELOC. Only take money out when it can make more money (like stocks crashing, down payment on rental property).

I know this won't work in Cali, they don't have the same low interest rates for HELOCs. But works well in Hawaii.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Interest rate seem to be a bit high to use heloc, compared to people who have interest rates under 4% on their mortgage but I see the viability

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,301 Posts
If you have a mortgage, then hopefully you have enough equity (>25%) to get a giant simple low interest HELOC. Then you pay off your entire mortgage, use said cash to pay down the HELOC. When interests of those accounts go back up, take the money out of the HELOC and put it back in those accounts. You have your cash working for you at all times maximum effort.

This is what I do. No mortgage, just a giant simple low interest rate HELOC. Only take money out when it can make more money (like stocks crashing, down payment on rental property).

I know this won't work in Cali, they don't have the same low interest rates for HELOCs. But works well in Hawaii.
That’s interesting. I just re-financed 2 of my properties this month.

·
Super Moderator
3,179 Posts
So you're saying to get a Giant HELOC, currently penfed has a 3.75% rate if you have more than 25% equity, and then do what? Use that same HELOC to pay off the mortgage? That's assuming they give you one big enough to pay off your mortgage. But what is the benefit there? I'm just trying to understand. What rate are you seeing for it in Hawaii?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts

its been my (recent ) experience with a refinance to capture a lower mortgage rate 2.5% that this does not work. I have not seen HELOCS anywhere close to this % rate. And to pull 75% ltv does not seem likely under current market conditions

·
Premium Member
12,301 Posts
So you're saying to get a Giant HELOC, currently penfed has a 3.75% rate if you have more than 25% equity, and then do what? Use that same HELOC to pay off the mortgage? That's assuming they give you one big enough to pay off your mortgage. But what is the benefit there? I'm just trying to understand. What rate are you seeing for it in Hawaii?
I got 3.25% on my residence and 3.4% on my rental.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #496 (Edited)
I like the idea of cheap interest also. However there are several important considerations when borrowing money out of your house. Mine is paid for so I have a substantial amount of equity I could access. The problem is that in most states the equity in your house or your homestead is very difficult for creditors to take ( especially business creditors). If there is a collapse and your business fails, business creditors will go after your personal assets as well. You will have to fight to protect them and prove they have no claim. If you cannot prove absolute separation of you business and personal finances plus accurate and up to date minutes, documents, etc, they may pierce the corporate shield and attach personal assets. Often they try even if you have good records. The two things difficult for them to touch are IRA accounts and your homestead. Those could be your lifeline to a restart. Anyone thinking it cant happen to them has never been through a giant downfall. It can happen to anyone. So consider very carefully when you take your equity for risk capital and/ or frivolous toys. Yes you get the mortgage int deduction but is it worth the risk? Even in Bankruptcy , you can keep the house and car or two.
On Another note, I was very depressed yesterday hearing about the barber shop owner who won his fight through the legislature and courts only to have his license revoked. These Governors and local officials are trampling our rights like dictators. The time is coming when we will have to fight back or lose our liberty. Luckily here in Texas they are returning power to the people. I really feel for you guys in states acting like Nazis. They are going to keep you shut down until it all collapses or people revolt. Either way , the outcome will really hurt our country. It makes me really sad to see this happening in the greatest most free country in the world. Tyranny is an ugly thing and really starting to take root. We may all have to fight for freedom if it comes to it.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Lee, once again you are spot on. I am in the Lending business but absolutely do not condone anyone taking out equity out of their house and investing in anything other than very very solid, boring investment, if at all. Your house is your house and is not an investment for the vast majority of people but taking a home equity line out and investing as the poster said above leads me to wonder about that strategy.

·
Premium Member
12,301 Posts
Clyde you and Lee both make good sense to me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I dont know about other states, but intro rates in HI are good when you can get 1.00% for one year, 1.50 to 1.75% for 2 years, and 2.75% for 3 years. The only catch is you have to renew before the expiration and possibly pay for an appraisal. I need to renew mine this month. When I first started this I was able to cut the interest I pay to 1/3 of a traditional mortgage. There are many benefits to this especially If you are in a bind and other benefits that are too much to explain on a forum, seriously. You will still need to be responsible with your finances and make more than you spend. I don't have my own business and that is a separate topic for loans that I have no experience in. I ain't ever going to a traditional mortgage unless someone else is paying for it. I like to keep my money away from interest as much as possible. This will work to pay down your house quicker if you have low simple interest rates (like HI, don't know about other states) and you are financially responsible/aggressive on home payments. I work in an office with a bunch of number nerds and a good amount are doing this if they meet the criteria above.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Many people take out equity loans on homes that they live in to invest in real estate .
I don’t agree with this concept but people do it.

481 - 500 of 603 Posts