Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate when I hear the word sustainability in a context of supercars. It only brings bad luck.

Just watched this. And Lamborghini CEO told it like 10 times during the small video.

And as and owner I didn't like any word he said. Is that Tim Bravo who is approving such text? It is a communication disaster.

Whose idea was to show an outdoor crowd of masks, whereas people are trying to move on and forget this corona bs. What kind of a communication department do they have?

And then this:

So we will have on the one hand the super sports cars
as the new generation of the 'Aventador and the Huracán,
which will be hybrid plug-ins
All the cars will be hybrid plug-ins at the end of 2024.
That means adding another 100kg at least. RIP.

And the name just don't know good or bad. Maybe not above one but another star name. Aldebaran, Elnath, Pectus, Oculus Borealis, Hyadum one of that sht.

It looks like first electrification will plugify the huracan then the full electric will come, likely it will be called one of those.

Huracan little brother is also hinted:

And the first completely electric,
we imagine it a 2+2 today,"
Let's see how big the back seats will be. We can't even fit to the front ones.

What a frustrating Friday.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Whose idea was to show an outdoor crowd of masks, whereas people are trying to move on and forget this corona bs. What kind of a communication department do they have?
Is this really a complaint you have? Masks will be a thing for quite a while. Seems rather knitpicky.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I don't mind the setting of the speech .. seems fine to me.

He said starting 2025 the CO2 emissions will reduce 50%, so i guess the last huracans will be produced until lambos summer vacation (august) of 2024, then modelyear 2025 would start, which will be the plugin hybrid.

So it seems we have at least 4 more years with our huracans until we will see the new ones on the street ... or not?

The question is how the next gen v8 will sound ... maybe they will still be louder than other manufacturers.

Also i always liked that lambo only had 2 models .. then came the urus, they had to i guess.
But now, 2 more models? don't like that idea.

Reactions: DXM31

·
Registered
65 Posts
I see nothing wrong with either his speech or the fact the crowd is wearing masks.

I'm confused if they will electrify the Aventador and Huracán or the replacement model. That is, will they keep the same names and models and just make them hybrid or is it going to be entirely new models with different names?

I'm fine with more environmentally friendly engines. Loudness reduced is what makes me angry. Why did the legislators open war against car sound?! I understand if you want to make a 320d quiet since you see 300 of them daily, but Lamborghinis and other exotics?! WHY?!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Cor Tauri is the name of Lamborghini’s next strategic phase not a car. Whether we like it or not Lamborghini has no choice but to adapt to restrictive global regulations and customer demands.

I think Lambo’s next gen cars are going to look amazing and offer world class performance. Lamborghini sports car, SUV, and sedan. Great line up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Huracan Evo RWD Spyder (ordered, April 2021 delivery)
352 Posts
I went through a similar change with Porsche. When I bought my first one in 2005 they had the 911, the Boxster, and had just started the Cayenne. I’m not counting the CGT since it wasn’t a traditional production model. 16 years later they’ve added the Macan, the Panamera and the Taycan. Technically the Cayman started during that time, but it’s essentially the hardtop Boxster. Anyway, when I go to a Porsche dealer now, there are almost no sports cars. As a customer, I prefer the Porsche I met in 2005. Objectively, they have become a very successful company.
Lamborghini can’t stay as they are, and at least they have a legacy of 2+2 GTs.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,861 Posts
The Latin term for heart of the Bull, Cor Tauri is also the brightest star of the constellation of Taurus, and it depicts the direction Lamborghini has taken towards an electrified future, however a future always faithful to the heart and soul of the brand.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
I went through a similar change with Porsche. When I bought my first one in 2005 they had the 911, the Boxster, and had just started the Cayenne. I’m not counting the CGT since it wasn’t a traditional production model. 16 years later they’ve added the Macan, the Panamera and the Taycan. Technically the Cayman started during that time, but it’s essentially the hardtop Boxster. Anyway, when I go to a Porsche dealer now, there are almost no sports cars. As a customer, I prefer the Porsche I met in 2005. Objectively, they have become a very successful company.
Lamborghini can’t stay as they are, and at least they have a legacy of 2+2 GTs.
My 997 C2S was a capable daily driver drove it for 4 years before moving to a California. Couldn’t own another C2S too bloated and heavy. I enjoyed my 991 GT3 for 2 years but it is a bit harsh for a daily.

·
Premium Member
16,861 Posts
Cor Tauri is the name of Lamborghini’s next strategic phase not a car. Whether we like it or not Lamborghini has no choice but to adapt to restrictive global regulations and customer demands.

I think Lambo’s next gen cars are going to look amazing and offer world class performance. Lamborghini sports car, SUV, and sedan. Great line up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think it is going to be an exciting time and I can't wait to see what Lamborghini has in mind. There has to be some other iterations in the next couple of years.

·
Registered
18 Posts
One main reason to own a Huracan is the sound of the V10, there’s a lot of cars that out perform it and looks are subjective, but it’s one of the best sounding cars in the road. The electric Lamborghini will indeed perform well, the sound and overall driving experience is what I’m afraid of.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
One main reason to own a Huracan is the sound of the V10, there’s a lot of cars that out perform it and looks are subjective, but it’s one of the best sounding cars in the road. The electric Lamborghini will indeed perform well, the sound and overall driving experience is what I’m afraid of.
That’s exactly why I’m jumping in now.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts

Preach. The NA V10 sound is epic and gives me goosebumps every time I drive. Never tired of it.

Electric cars no matter how fast would be like driving an appliance IMO. If I was into that I would order a Tesla Roadster and crush everything on the street.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Preach. The NA V10 sound is epic and gives me goosebumps every time I drive. Never tired of it.

Electric cars no matter how fast would be like driving an appliance IMO. If I was into that I would order a Tesla Roadster and crush everything on the street.
Totally. No desire for appliance for me ever…

·
Registered
64 Posts

It'll be a decade before that scammer Elon actually puts out the roadster. Too busy canceling Model S releases and trolling on twitter.

·
Registered
36 Posts

Not to mention they are still extremely heavy, at least 500+ lbs heavier than the equivalent sedan.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
It'll be a decade before that scammer Elon actually puts out the roadster. Too busy canceling Model S releases and trolling on twitter.
It's a good thing I don't give a rat's ass about driving an electric vehicle. 1 year or 10 years all the same.

·
Registered
788 Posts
From a collector’s perspective, Electrification of the entire Lamborghini lineup, will drive the price of any V10/V12 Lambo through the roof. Especially if it is an orange Murci Roadster with scissor doors 😀

·
Premium Member
16,861 Posts
You have admit he has a lot of fun doing it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts