Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anybody with stock exhaust get pulled over for car being too loud? The new Evo (just like the Perf) almost sounds catless to me in Sport or Corsa. Please share your experiences. Thanks.
By the way, I'm located in CA.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I heard of people in CA getting pulled over for loud exhaust systems in sports cars. I believe the law over there leaves it at officer discretion even though the legal limit is 95db next to the car. If you get a ticket you have to take it to be officially tested and then go to traffic court.
Other states not so sure but most are in the mid 70s at 50 ft which I doubt the Huracan exceeds?

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,868 Posts
If I see cops I quickly change to strada just to avoid getting pulled over for it being too loud.

Reactions: Kevyt12345

·
Registered
17' SV Roadster, Performante Spyder, 458 Spyder
269 Posts
Just like Russ when I see a cop I immediately go to strata to avoid any confrontation or getting pulled over by any law enforcement it's simply not worth it. Otherwise it is always in sport mode. :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just like Russ when I see a cop I immediately go to strata to avoid any confrontation or getting pulled over by any law enforcement it's simply not worth it. Otherwise it is always in sport mode. :)
I like how you and Russk roll!!! :cool:
Really sound advice, but obviously sometimes you might not realize there is cop around. So I wonder anybody has had any experiences like this and what happened?

·
Registered
SL #7007
137 Posts
Anybody with stock exhaust get pulled over for car being too loud? The new Evo (just like the Perf) almost sounds catless to me in Sport or Corsa. Please share your experiences. Thanks.
Like others have mentioned, you can be pulled over if officers believe it’s modified (regardless if it is or isn’t). Which means its based on their training and experience. As mentioned already, current law is 95 dbA, VC 27151. If you have a stock exhaust then it’s no big deal, otherwise a waste of your time. Tell the officer its stock but they may not believe you and cite you. If they do a db check, then make sure youre not in corsa. If you get cited because they don’t believe you then thats an easy fight as long as it’s stock. It’s just a waste of your time.

Not sure about where you are in CA, but be careful around Laguna Beach. They will stop you and cite you! I guess too many loud cars has ruined it for everyone else but they don’t play around there. Beverly Hills near Rodeo also stop everyone!

If you get a ticket and you’re not stock, hope it’s correctable and hope they don’t send you to a state referee. Then it can get ugly….

·
Registered
789 Posts
Like others have mentioned, you can be pulled over if officers believe it’s modified (regardless if it is or isn’t). Which means its based on their training and experience. As mentioned already, current law is 95 dbA, VC 27151. If you have a stock exhaust then it’s no big deal, otherwise a waste of your time. Tell the officer its stock but they may not believe you and cite you. If they do a db check, then make sure youre not in corsa. If you get cited because they don’t believe you then thats an easy fight as long as it’s stock. It’s just a waste of your time.

Not sure about where you are in CA, but be careful around Laguna Beach. They will stop you and cite you! I guess too many loud cars has ruined it for everyone else but they don’t play around there. Beverly Hills near Rodeo also stop everyone!

If you get a ticket and you’re not stock, hope it’s correctable and hope they don’t send you to a state referee. Then it can get ugly….
Those pesky loud cars have ruined it for everyone! Here I thought is was the tens of thousands of people living on sidewalks, under bridges and city parks that ruined it for everyone. Wow, am I confused.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I'm located in SF. Yes, stock exhaust. But at least in Sport/Corsa seems to me this is well over 95db. Not sure how Lambo allowed to sell their cars in CA?

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,868 Posts
I have a ‘Support Our Police’ bumper sticker. Seems to work so far .
I have the blue & black band sticker on mine and I already have had one cop thank for the support. It’s a little bitty sticker but you can’t help but see it if you’re behind me.

Reactions: asmazda

·
Registered
209 Posts
I’m in so cal and never had any issues with cops saying too loud(and I only drive in corsa). Most cops give me thumbs up

Reactions: asmazda
1 - 11 of 11 Posts