Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Team

My 06 Gallardo Spyder decided to leak coolant after sitting up for the winter. Even tho I stared it and drove it several times to keep things right.

It seems to be leaking at one of the clips at the plastic T piece. Rather than a hole stripping match I'm thinking of replacing the clips with jubilee clips (worm drive)

Has anyone had the same problem?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,208 Posts
Johnny, you are in familiar company. If you do a search you’ll note that very many of our cars do this annually. It is common that the rubber cools and presumably shrinks over the winter, seeping some of the blue stuff. It is an annual maintenance thing to tighten all the clamps! Most common is forward of the engine up by the firewall and those clamps require getting the car up on a lift to get your arm up there.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. Couldnt find this particular tee piece in any my searches. The clamps are original and dont have any adjustment. Does this mean most peops replace these clips with adjustables?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
I added a couple of clamps as the stock ones can be hard to remove. I got the clamp with plastic turn knobs so I can tighten by hand instead of a tool.

·
Vendor
2,580 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Having recently spent a good hour battling a badly angled hose clamp, these look like a great idea!

Do you know though what happens if the plastic tab inevitably becomes brittle and fails with age? Is what's underneath a Philips head or a hex or something that can still be turned?
Not sure, but you could get some all stainless steel ones like these: https://www.amazon.com/Pro-Tie-3310...b89b4&pd_rd_wg=B4XRk&pd_rd_i=B006IOZ2QY&psc=1

Anybody know the correct size range to buy? I think I'll try and get me some too to add to the existing clamps---

1 - 8 of 8 Posts