Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Don’t know anything about gallardos, but that line looks like it was cut and patched with an oversized line. If it was me, I would replace the entire line… or wait for an expert to chime in😜

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The hose is definitely shot and I plan on replacing the whole thing. It looks like it wraps down under the passenger side. I pulled the under body cover but still can’t seem to locate Where it ends up. I can see the other line wraps to the front of the block. Does anyone have a routing diagram? Can’t seem to find one online.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Flash photography Tire Automotive design

·
Vendor
3,008 Posts
Coolant started leaking out of this connection. Is there a simple solution to this. These don’t seem like typical hose clamps
Shoot me a text with that same photo in it to: 717-319-2100 - I'll check and see if I have it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Those are crimp clamps and you may be able to tighten them up with a proper crimping tool but can get away with a pair of dikes. The coolant lines from the reservoir do get brittle with time so be careful when moving them. I had one break on me and bought new braided lines to replace. There is a difficult one which runs to a manifold in front of the engine up against the firewall.

·
Vendor
3,008 Posts
I can't look up the diagrams now, but it's not there for 2008.
Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive exterior Carbon

·
Registered
SL #7007
1,021 Posts
Guys I’m talking about the one above the splice. The one which comes off the top of the reservoir.
Yes, if you look at my photo, my hose is not spliced. As @AngelOfMurci pointed out, I don't believe thats a factory part. I was wondering why this would be spliced.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Yes, if you look at my photo, my hose is not spliced. As @AngelOfMurci pointed out, I don't believe thats a factory part. I was wondering why this would be spliced.
I agree. The splice is not factory. I’m betting it was done because the hose dry rotted and broke there as that is where mine had broken and where I spliced it until the whole hose was replaced.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts