Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a creaking and/or clicking sound on my 2008 Gallardo that was driving me crazy. Some past threads I found indicated it was the ball joint in the front upper control arm or the bushing in the control arm where it mounts to the frame. Upon inspection I determined my problem was the bushings and the ball joint was fine. Unfortunately the bushings are pressed in and the only solution was to buy brand new control arms as Lamborghini does not sell the bushings. Well, I thought that was silly. After some research I determined that the bushings from the Ferrari f430 (Ferrari calls them Flamblocs) are the exact same thing as what's in our Gallardos. I put the Ferrari bushings in my front upper control arms and my car is nice and quiet again. No more shame when I use the front lift in public! Here's a video of the entire bushing replacement process. Feel free to post up any questions if you've got them.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Great video! Perfect for the do it yourself type. Thanks for sharing it.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Great video, thanks for confirming that the 430 inner bushings fit. You have saved owners of older cars a whole lot of worry and money here!

I think that residue is the remains of locktite between the inner and outer from ones that I have taken apart. I found that you could compress the original bushing rubber enough to get that inner circlip out of its seat and then get the circlip pliers on it to remove it.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Where can you buy those bushings? I have a spare set of control arms, waiting for a bushing upgrade too.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought them off of eBay from a company in Tacoma, WA called MaseratiNet. They were very helpful in providing me specific dimensions while I was investigating whether the bushings were a direct fit or not. You could also buy them directly from Ferrari, part number 184609.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts