Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Quick rundown, I own a Gallardo 2007 pre LP Spyder. Love it, every bit of it. However after buying a McLaren 570s, which of course is a different generation from a technology perspective that the Gallardo just seems a little slow. The problem is, I really love the look of the Gallardo, its like the perfect transition between old and new and here lies in my dilemma.

If I bought a 2016 Performante or Superleggera would I notice the performance different. I'm not a speeder just love the acceleration and sound. My current Gallardo is around 4s to 100kph, if it was more 3s that would be great to be on a par with the McLaren.

I know your thinking why not just buy a Huracan. Well they are a good bit more money and as I said I do like the Gallardo look a bit more, although it's not ruled out completely.

I live in NZ and am keen to know what peoples experience's are and whether or not I'd notice the difference?

Thanks

·
@ChaseZimmerman
297 Posts
I'm happy to give you some insight as I have owned / currently own some very similar cars to you. In the past, I have owned both a Pre-LP Gallardo Superleggera and a LP570 Performante Spyder. Looking at these two, I actually preferred the sound and performance of the Pre-LP Super G. I think the look of the LP570 was more aggressive and beautiful, but if they were both sitting in front of me and I could choose only one, I would choose the 2008 Super G. Now, I can understand what you are describing when you talk about the technology of the McLaren, as I currently have a 675LT Spyder. In my opinion, since you already have the tech of the 570S, I would tell you to keep the Pre-LP. If you want to have a Spyder, just keep the one you currently have. If you want something a little more aggressive and would do a second coupe, the Pre-LP Superleggera is a great choice and one you would not be disappointed with. Lastly, the Huracan is a drastic difference and you would certainly get the technological upgrades and a much more comparable car to your McLaren. Personally, I'm not a big fan of the Huracan. Have you considered a Murcielago? That's the route I ended up going down as I have the technology on my other vehicles, but I wanted the old-school raw feeling of the true Lamborghini.

Reactions: Xtremex

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your feedback.

Interesting what you say about pre and post LP, especially that these were your preference. I've been told that the later Gallardo had a much better shift time and were just quicker of the mark because of this (& the larger bhp helping). That appeals to me quite a bit. I've done lots of ks in 2.5 years ownership of the G, almost 50k but I avoid traffic at all costs which limits where I take it. Its just a pain to drive tail to tail in traffic if you get caught out, which happens from time to time. I'd love for it to be a bit more forgiving so that was another motivator which apologies I did not think to mention.

There's currently no performante for sale only a superleggera, which with no soft top, I could prob live with. So I suppose in summary, I was hoping for the following:
Quicker Shift times
Better in traffic (if **** happens)
Quicker acceleration, closer to low 3s be good
Still sound awesome
The nicer interior (love the race seats, extra carbon and more aggressive looks)

I considered are Murcielago, but again im likely to have the pain point of being a bit not so nice in traffic (NZ roads sometimes, honestly!)

I'm also with you on Huracan, I think G looks better, but thats against base Huracan, I do like the Performante and also the sharper edged Evo. But yea, the G is almost the perfect transition between old and new, and you can really rag it without it feeling over powered.

The AV is prob my fav, but I just think its overkill for the road, especially in NZ.

Thanks for the additional insight :)

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,687 Posts
@Xtremex, these cars are never fast enough and I say that having owned a 2018 GT2-RS but have you thought about a VF supercharger for the Gallardo or don't they make them for the 2007?

Addendum: it seems that the VF supercharger starts in model year 2009 so if you like the Gallardo move up a couple of years then you can have the Beauty and the Beast. Apparently I read the Gallardo improved greatly in the 2009 model year.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
go for the performante it's an excellent all around car. i drove the 570 was very impressed.

Reactions: Xtremex

·
Registered
328 Posts
Perhaps reading between the lines, you love your current car, except acceleration?
Transmission improvements besides the point.
What about some mods?
Most important, stickier tires.
You could try some carbon fiber weight reductions.
Even headers, cats, mufflers, airbox.
Or a read drive Balboni.

I can't address whether a SL or Perm. would suffice.
FWIW I like the idea and looks of the Perm. best.

Good luck in your decision.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I would say
Save your money and when you wamt
To go fast, take the mclaren, when you want to cruise take the Gallardo.
The downside to ownership is the quest to go faster which does reach a plateau.
Then what?
I have resigned to the fact that when I want a total car experience I take out the Countach. When I want to brutalize the pavement I go with my mclaren (675lt).
I wish you luck in your search as it’s the thrill of the search that is exciting

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@Xtremex, these cars are never fast enough and I say that having owned a 2018 GT2-RS but have you thought about a VF supercharger for the Gallardo or don't they make them for the 2007?

Addendum: it seems that the VF supercharger starts in model year 2009 so if you like the Gallardo move up a couple of years then you can have the Beauty and the Beast. Apparently I read the Gallardo improved greatly in the 2009 model year.

Hi Mate, thanks.

Yes, I read the same also, shift speed and upgrades to the E-Gear/Clutch on the cars (although no issues with mine, probably due to driving style and avoidance of up hills and traffic etc.)

I looked into a supercharger and as you quite rightly stated, only on LP models, so that could be an option - The Performante or Superleggera would be awesome with this, but may also be good enough without.

Cheers again,

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Perhaps reading between the lines, you love your current car, except acceleration?
Transmission improvements besides the point.
What about some mods?
Most important, stickier tires.
You could try some carbon fiber weight reductions.
Even headers, cats, mufflers, airbox.
Or a read drive Balboni.

I can't address whether a SL or Perm. would suffice.
FWIW I like the idea and looks of the Perm. best.

Good luck in your decision.
Cheers, got Michelin Pilot sport 4S, best tyres, no traction issues whatsoever, so all good there :) Hadn't considered any real upgrades except for a supercharger which they don't do for my model year, and I suppose you have to look at costs of upgrades vs just upgrading, assuming of course the performance metrics are there.

I'll read up on the Balboni though, seen the car, in fact one fr sale hear, be interested to see how quick of the mark that is.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,687 Posts
Hi Mate, thanks.

Yes, I read the same also, shift speed and upgrades to the E-Gear/Clutch on the cars (although no issues with mine, probably due to driving style and avoidance of up hills and traffic etc.)

I looked into a supercharger and as you quite rightly stated, only on LP models, so that could be an option - The Performante or Superleggera would be awesome with this, but may also be good enough without.

Cheers again,
Your quite welcome my friend sorry I could not be of more assistance but I feel we are all collectively in search of the Holy Grail. ;) On the flip side boy are we a lucky bunch!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would say
Save your money and when you wamt
To go fast, take the mclaren, when you want to cruise take the Gallardo.
The downside to ownership is the quest to go faster which does reach a plateau.
Then what?
I have resigned to the fact that when I want a total car experience I take out the Countach. When I want to brutalize the pavement I go with my mclaren (675lt).
I wish you luck in your search as it’s the thrill of the search that is exciting
You actually make some very valid points there - cheers!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts