Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been considering the idea of going turbo for some time now. Matter of fact it started back when I had a Gallardo. I am getting more serious about this now, and started shopping brands. I have been looking into the AMS kit. The kit they offer looks very straight forward to instal, I would be installing this my self. Does anyone here have first hand experience with this kit? How many have installed turbo kits them self? Once turboed and tuned ( I would stay stock ecu) how does the car preform for daily driving? How is its road manners in traffic or around the city? Also on a stage 1 ( not looking to break any records or the car for that matter, no launching) how does the transmission hold up long term ? Thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
Huracan Performante Twin Turbo
1,244 Posts
Hi buddy, I have Stage 1+ twin turbo on my Performante (installed in December 20) by Precision Racing in Australia. I was worried about all the what ifs? but TBH its the best thing I have ever done to a car! It is very reliable, drives exactly like stock when cruising around and has the most glorious sound when the turbos spool up and the power is something you really need to experience to understand. I have no regrets at all! In regards to the transmission, it is good to up to 1400whhp, just get the Dobson clutch upgrade

TBTH you are not going to get much love/support on this forum...many here are conservative about highly modding a Lambo which is fair enough as I was too until a friend took me for a drive in his TT Perf :)

·
Registered
Huracan Performante Twin Turbo
1,244 Posts
Have you considered a VF engineering hypercharger?
Its great if you are after around 200-250whp but for only a little more money you can have double the power with a TT and can easily upgrade down the track should you want more power

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Have you considered a VF engineering hypercharger?
If not looking to break records or go do TX2k that would be my route. Put VF Superchargers in my 2009 R8V8, 2012 R8V10 and 2015 LP610. Around 50k combined miles on those cars and not a single issue and will most likely install their kit on my new Evo. Another plus was installs were done locally and all took less than a week, huracan was easiest at 3 days. For my style of driving I'm a big fan of superchargers, traded my supercharged huracan for a turbo 488 and hated that car, got rid of pretty quick and happy to be back in a lambo

Reactions: Lamborghinifam

·
Registered
384 Posts
This is an interesting topic. How would that work with LDVI and other stability controls of the car? I though they are dependent of metrics based on power and other parameters which the car perceives.How do you test it?

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,805 Posts
I am glad there is no one here in Hawaii that builds Lamborghinis, otherwise I think I would have definitely gone with a VF Supercharger.

Reactions: Lamborghinifam
1 - 8 of 8 Posts