Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys im considering picking up my first gallardo, i've seen this one listed at Motorcars Limited for 99.5k.

Seems pretty clean and pricing doesnt seem to bad (based on comps?) but was wondering if anyone ever came across it or knows the dealer or history on this car?

It seems like it's got some good low mileage for the year and overall i love the look of it they claim it has a new clutch.

What would be considered a "good deal" to pick it up for in order to be able to get out of it in 6-12 months with minimal loss? (considering it clears ppi etc)

But then again, i know nothing and that's why I'm here to ask you pro's to help a newcomer out! TIA

Thanks!

Link: https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/...oTempest&utm_medium=TRP&utm_campaign=atempest

·
Registered
465 Posts
At that price the dealer probably got it at auction for 85 or less, their current offering price is way high. They wont move anything in this price range for less than clearing 15K with that said things to consider-clutch does not matter how many miles they claim are on it, during a PPI take a snap reading. Egear pump replacement on these fairly common under 20K miles and this old. AC Compressor, these tend to not last long and its had nothing to do with how much it is or is not used, they are packed in so tight the heat from the exhaust system fries the bearings-again pretty common 1round 15-20K miles. Tires can be misleading its does not matter how many miles its miles plus age. The car paul walker was killed in had less 9K miles on it with oem tires-sidewall failure was root cause of the crash. If the tires are more 5-6 years old replace them regardless of miles the side walls are dried out. If you are only doing this for a year and only plan limited driving rent one, you wont break even buying it. Something else during the PPI if you get that far make sure they hit the throttle hard a few times -this will root out CEL/Sensor errors that may not show up at low rpm. This car could be clean as shown and no issues-never assume that and make sure its a detailed PPI by a 3rd party qualified shop/dealer not the selling company. Dont take their word for it on the history run a VIN check yourself. Carfax for exotics are somewhat useless and only tell you information about sales history, for example I ran over a shredded tire (had not choice) it went under the car and on exit punched a hole in the rear diffuser, I replaced it and did some other stuff at the same time and paid cash for all of it. Had i reported it to my insurance it would have shown as an accident and lost value would have been far more than cost to replace it myself.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At that price the dealer probably got it at auction for 85 or less, their current offering price is way high. They wont move anything in this price range for less than clearing 15K with that said things to consider-clutch does not matter how many miles they claim are on it, during a PPI take a snap reading. Egear pump replacement on these fairly common under 20K miles and this old. AC Compressor, these tend to not last long and its had nothing to do with how much it is or is not used, they are packed in so tight the heat from the exhaust system fries the bearings-again pretty common 1round 15-20K miles. Tires can be misleading its does not matter how many miles its miles plus age. The car paul walker was killed in had less 9K miles on it with oem tires-sidewall failure was root cause of the crash. If the tires are more 5-6 years old replace them regardless of miles the side walls are dried out. If you are only doing this for a year and only plan limited driving rent one, you wont break even buying it. Something else during the PPI if you get that far make sure they hit the throttle hard a few times -this will root out CEL/Sensor errors that may not show up at low rpm. This car could be clean as shown and no issues-never assume that and make sure its a detailed PPI by a 3rd party qualified shop/dealer not the selling company. Dont take their word for it on the history run a VIN check yourself. Carfax for exotics are somewhat useless and only tell you information about sales history, for example I ran over a shredded tire (had not choice) it went under the car and on exit punched a hole in the rear diffuser, I replaced it and did some other stuff at the same time and paid cash for all of it. Had i reported it to my insurance it would have shown as an accident and lost value would have been far more than cost to replace it myself.
Makes alot of sense thanks for the input.

·
Registered
2013 LP560 TT
71 Posts
Buying mine recently I found a ton of info simply searching (google) the vin. So much out there that never goes away. And some interesting back stories found on cars I was looking at that even the current sellers may not have been privy to.

·
Registered
465 Posts
This forum has some really good people and resources on pretty much anything lambo you want to know-this is where i started before buying my first one and everyone was super helpful.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey guys im considering picking up my first gallardo, i've seen this one listed at Motorcars Limited for 99.5k.

Seems pretty clean and pricing doesnt seem to bad (based on comps?) but was wondering if anyone ever came across it or knows the dealer or history on this car?

It seems like it's got some good low mileage for the year and overall i love the look of it they claim it has a new clutch.

What would be considered a "good deal" to pick it up for in order to be able to get out of it in 6-12 months with minimal loss? (considering it clears ppi etc)

But then again, i know nothing and that's why I'm here to ask you pro's to help a newcomer out! TIA

Thanks! View attachment 293350

Link: https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/...oTempest&utm_medium=TRP&utm_campaign=atempest
Depending what the sales tax is in your area, tax and registration alone could be around 8k. And if the car needs any maintenance during the course of your ownership, you also need to factor that in, but let's say you spend another 3-5k for maintenance/repairs. Now you're looking at 13k. When you sell it, mostly likely to a dealer, you're probably out at least another 7k or so, depending on mileage. That's assuming nothing terribly bad happens to the car while you own it, and I didn't even factor in insurance, fuel, and other running costs.

Hence, if it costs you around 20k to own a G for 6 months to a year, and you are perfectly ok with that, then why not? You might do better or worse depending on the market and/or luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts