Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I’ve been reading on here for years and finally joined. Just sold my 750hp CTS V and I’m ready and have been trying to buy the right gallardo for the last 6 months at apparently the wrong time. Hopefully this is the right thread to ask this question I apologize if it’s not.

Im considering buying a 2008 gallardo with a stage 1 kit with precision twin turbos with 27k miles on the car and about 26k of them with the turbos. The car was originally owned and built by Doug Levin of DLM. Very clean car. My worry is that when calling a very reputable shop in California (the raging bull), in no way discrediting them, I was told they won’t even perform a PPI on the car much less ever work on it because of the turbos. I was told the car would have nothing but problems and the turbos are extremely hard on the motor. The turbos are running 7psi and the car is tuned to 700whp and has never had any issues. The car is priced at 100k. I figured when considering a purchase of this caliber the more opinions I get the better. I completely understand there are always risks buying any car with aftermarket turbos that wasn’t a factory turbo car but I guess my question is how risky is it? All the research I’ve done and searching shows everyone saying how reliable their TT gallardo is. What do you guys think? Is the car priced right? Seemed like a great deal to me. And should I stay away from a G that’s had turbos on it for 26k miles? I know there are a lot of variables but any input would be great. My biggest fears would be having non stop issues, and struggling to ever sell the car if I wanted to because of the turbos. Thanks guys for any input.

·
Registered
331 Posts
FWIW, what the shop indicated...
Trouble shooting, parts availability, custom made parts, wiring modifications et al would be too much of a headache for me personally.
Ownership, I would imagine "tinkering" on this car while be an every weekend hobby.
Risk, possibility that the motor will blow under pressure ... unknown.
Risk, 27K miles on a performance aftermarket turbo'd Lambo, perhaps w/ e-gear ... oh boy.

I leave price and resale to others to discuss.
Good luck in your decision.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Anytime you buy another persons TT car, ask yourself if you can afford to replace the motor if it lets loose. There is a reason second hand(and ESPECIALLY third hand) twin turbo builds are bought for pennies on the dollar. Im not saying its unwise to buy them, but personally i wouldnt touch another persons TT build unless it was a UGR car

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you guys very much for the opinions. That honestly re assures me that this car is not for me in any way. Not worth the risks. And the search continues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts