Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After three weeks, I got my car back yesterday. It was fun driving back from Vegas to St. George (110 miles). The highways there and especially 515 by Henderson is a nightmare and always under perpetual construction. It was fun dodging mattresses, tires, two by fours, potholes and cardboard boxes white knuckled on the drive back - no joke. Only saving grace was on 515 the traffic crept at 10mph most of the way. This helped hitting a pothole at normal highway speeds and avoiding the debris. Sales rep said it's the worst he's ever seen. Cars constantly coming in with cracked windshields, bent rims and huge spoiler scrapes. I believe it. Luckily, I made it home unscathed.

Which leads me to connectivity services. So is the "ask your dealer about the upgrade" have a monthly cost associated with it and exactly what is it? I have paid thousands over the years for these "extra" services in my MBZs and with Porsche only to find out I never used any of it. Even fell for the multi year discount pitch. Who uses it and what do you think and is it worth it? I'm thinking not.
Font Material property Number Brand Pattern

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Had to enable and reconnect everything. To me a complete pile of junk. Things like the useless novelty of being able to spin your car around on the screen - are you kidding! What a joke. Like I really need my phone to tell me how much gas I have in the tank and what my mileage is. My MBZs had a lot of useless crap as well. I guess in the age of technology and peer pressure from other car companies, all manufacturers feel like they are obligated to come up with something because the competition does. All useless gimmicks most will see and try a couple of times at best.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,711 Posts
Yep! The connected service is anything but connected.

Reactions: RoyalPink

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,071 Posts
I would just be happy if my phone would stay connected.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,071 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,711 Posts
Jeez dude, it's a Lambo. If want creature comforts get the Urus or a mini van.
I understand your perspective but most of us are just looking to have whatever technology they place in these vehicles to work trouble free. Unfortunately, to date the EVO is challenged when it comes to the infotainment system.

Reactions: amandeep18feb

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
The issue is the MMI in the EVO was developed by Lambo. The backend isn't based on the Audi MMI hence why there's so many issues. I wouldn't be surprised if most of the backend is still a running beta and will probably need updates/patches for the foreseeable future to have everything working correctly.

It'll also be interesting to see if this MMI makes it into the AV and H replacements or if they resort back to the latest Audi MMI.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Useless gimmicky Mercedes option. Was free for 1st year and I did not renew Mercedes Me Connect App.

By the time I've activated Remote Engine Start on my phone I'm already at the car. Ditto with Remote Door Unlock.

And if one is mentally challenged enough to forget where you parked your car necessitating the Find Your Vehicle feature you shouldn't be driving.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Useless gimmicky Mercedes option. Was free for 1st year and I did not renew Mercedes Me Connect App.

By the time I've activated Remote Engine Start on my phone I'm already at the car. Ditto with Remote Door Unlock.

And if one is mentally challenged enough to forget where you parked your car necessitating the Find Your Vehicle feature you shouldn't be driving.
Exactly. The Mercedes remote unlock went through a satellite and half the time it didn't work even from my garage. Useless gimmicks to get more money out of you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts