Lamborghini Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yay! America gets to ignore the Kyoto Pollution Treaty for four more years! Well done. :mad:

·
Banned
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need to be concerned about the affairs of England not the U.S.
Last time I checked the UK does'nt have a say here in America.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
.....well, as I am originally from the UK....I think I can offer an opinion. Europeans are singularly incapable of seeing the future clearly. They have a long and undistiguished history of failing to manage their own affairs, and it usually falls on the shoulders of the USA to bail them out of their own folly. Although British, and proud of it, I wouldn't trade living in the United States for anything (..including my Murci ;) ). Sadly, Europeans will continue to be on the wrong side of history....just as America continues to be on the right side. As for Kyoto.....the treaty is unworkable, bad science, and above all else a political attempt to neuter the first world economies...particularly the US. The President made the right choice...and the foolish government leaders that signed on to the treaty will be eating their copies of the treaty soon enough..... :evil:

....have to say....enjoyed seeing Soros waste those many millions.....

·
Registered
93 Posts
*Phew!* For a moment there I thought you were gonna make some sweeping generalisations. I agree, America is great at managing its own affairs. The American Civil War never really happened anyway. :wave:

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Lets face it, the main thing is that our Tony Blair won´t have to take his head out of one arse and put it up another. Congrats Tony, no doubt WW3 is just round the corner now !!

·
Registered
243 Posts
moss said:
You need to be concerned about the affairs of England not the U.S.
Last time I checked the UK does'nt have a say here in America.
Tell that to the guys in Black Watch who have just been shipped into a Bagdad war zone while you clear the mess up North.

I thought we had agreed to keep the talk to cars and not get into this again???

·
Banned
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
??????????? I wished I could join the guys in Black Watch. They did sign up for the military didn't they? Imagine joining the military for pay and then being asked to fight.........Can't imagine such a travesty. What an injustice

·
Registered
464 Posts
Pollution and environment affect the whole world and every person unfortunately. It doesn’t matter what country you live in.

On a good note I don’t have to move my business to Iceland like Roy suggested :)

·
Registered
243 Posts
moss said:
??????????? I wished I could join the guys in Black Watch. They did sign up for the military didn't they? Imagine joining the military for pay and then being asked to fight.........Can't imagine such a travesty. What an injustice
They joined the army to fight for their country when called upon.

My point which you completely missed as per usual, is that you cant have such an aggressive foreign policy and then not expect to get peoples opinions. I've no problem with supporting our allies, i have a problem with the way in which that support was solicited.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I dont think americans really understand how most part of the world thinks about america and the american way of life. Ill try to explain it a bit to you (bush-voters). Im speaking now on behalf of the majority here in the netherlands.
First of all, most people agree that the war in afghanistan against al'quaida had to be done. Most people agree that if your country is under attack without a real ''big'' reason, you have to fight back. I agree also on that point. But, you have to realize WHY bin laden attacked the twin towers. He hated america because of america's arrogance against the rest of the world. I actually agree with that. America wants to play kinda the boss in the world. If there's a 'terrorist', dictator', etc'' we have to look for him, and destroy him. :confused: Isnt that way of thinking sick? :( . And the war in iraq? Why attack a country who isnt a threat for america? A country who didnt attack america? I just dont get it. And where are the weapons of ''mass destruction'', never found huh?
And bush himself, hes just a farmer with an low IQ. Its said that his IQ is the lowest for a president ever! :D
Due all this and many other reason most people in here are kinda starting to be anti-america.

BTW i would like to hear the opinion of a bush-voter ( one of the 59 million
:confused: )

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Life Goes On, The World Goes On....we have no control of our Governments....it really saddens me that our Lamborghini Love affair is being tainted by something so far out of our control !!!!

The main reason I love to come here and I'm willing to work so hard to make this a nice place is because of how well everyone gets on with each other when we talk Lamborghinis....it's not only amazing, but also uplifting and beautiful to see so many people with a common theme .

Think about your fellow enthusiast, learn from my mistakes of posting before fully understanding the impact words can have. This Community should be about Pulling Together and Helping.

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Wow, a real debate. Shame it is not about the best Lambo.

I am ex military ( RAF). I was in Aden at the age of 17, theoretically too young to be in a war zone so they made me peel potatoes until I was 18, ( then I was allowed to get killed !)
Now don´t get this wrong as I did know some ( very few) nice Arabs, however if you think that some of the head chopping now is bad !

I will tell of just one incident I personally was witness to. ( There were many many more over my 18 month period )

Army partrol sent out at night (Scottish but not black watch ) to cut a long story short we were also on patrol, we were asked to go to a point where one of the army´s guys had gone missing.
We found him, crucified against a shop door, his stomach had been removed and placed around his neck, his balls were in his mouth and they had set fire to him. He was alive when we got to him. We shot him dead. ( his family were told he was shot by the enemy in action.

We lost in Aden, just as the US did in Vietnam ( By the way I was on one of the last C130´s out of Saigong picking up british passport holders ), sure we called it a tactical withdrawl, back in the 60´s there was no al quieda just Arabs that hated the west, the same feeling is there now.
Bush will NOT win in Iraq, quite likely he will now blame Jordan and Iran for harboring terrorists and order troops in there, hence WW3

What he should do if he had any sense is to sort out the Palestinian problem with Israel and let Palestine havve their land and way of life back.

The US has no real history of war, yet it has the most powerful country in the world, why ?
IMO because millions of Europeans fought for democracy for centuries before the US was even thought of, did not want to help in WW2 until Pearl Harbour, and certainly has not offered to help any other european ally that I can think of since there history began ( relativley speaking, 2 and a half minuites ago )

Not that we do not like you guys but IMHO your leader is the most dangerous threat to mankind we have seen since WW2.
OIL OIL OIL OIL OIL = power
Now I expect I will be banned !!

·
Banned
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wow, I dont know where to start. Sorry you UK guys hate and are jealous of the US. I guess you are of the same mind as Osama Bin Laden from the sound of your responses. I certainly don't need to be a part of a site that the majority of the members feel this way. I guess that is one problem you can encounter with a world wide web.

·
Registered
51 Posts
This countries going down the sh1ter. Can't wait to see how messed up it'll be in four years. I'm actually thinking about moving out of the country for a few years just because of Bush. I actually have a hatred for him.

-ortiz

·
Banned
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
By the way, this area is for anything and everything. Does that need to be redefined? There are many other areas on this site to dicuss lambos. So there should'nt be a foul for political post in this location.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.