Lamborghini Talk banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
somewhat off topic but does anyone here have any ideas on how to prevent rock chips from hitting the gigantic open area of the radiator on the EVO RWD? ive seen many of them with huge dents with only a few hundred miles on the odometer
There are some premade grilles like the guys said or you can buy plastic mesh on ebay and do it yourself. I installed some for my front bumper to obscure the Z06 intakes. I will do the same for an H.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Technically weak acid is used to remove glue residue. It's dirt trapped by glue. Weak acid that is safe for paint and ppf is vinegar. Soak the edge with it and let it sit for few minutes.
Exactly!! Again a lot better than having paint work done on the car. It has saved my ass a couple times and I've seen a few other people have really good luck with it also. Sure it won't be perfect around the edges but it will look a hell of a lot better than having nicks and scratches all over the car.
Thanks guys , so by using this method, it means the "stickiness" on the edge is lost? If so, does that mean you either have "dirt edges" or edges of the film unglued? If so, the questions is then, is there anyway to glue the edges back?

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
Thanks guys , so by using this method, it means the "stickiness" on the edge is lost? If so, does that mean you either have "dirt edges" or edges of the film unglued? If so, the questions is then, is there anyway to glue the edges back?
It removes the glue so the stickiness is lost, yes. If the section is small, I would cut them off. To re-glue it back, I would recommend acrylic glue made for ppf. I think ceramic coating the ppf will glue it back and prevent same problem.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts