Lamborghini Talk banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was going green til I saw a green one with xpel. The color is too light and after a while the edges show dirt. I’ll only go light colored if it’s a garage queen and I really wanna drive my first one so it won’t be that! View attachment 314774 View attachment 314775
And that is why you go to a installer that knows what they are doing and get it checked up once a year. I have a Ceramic Matrix Grey 2019 ZR1 that has Xpel and it looks ok after 11,500 miles. The only I did to it was replace the front bumper Xpel and redo Ceramic coating

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I was going green til I saw a green one with xpel. The color is too light and after a while the edges show dirt. I’ll only go light colored if it’s a garage queen and I really wanna drive my first one so it won’t be that!
Finally some xpel close ups, I knew somehow it wasn't a miracle product. We can the the dirt outline.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Would you rather have replace Xpel or pay for a paint job and risk Carfax marks.
I'm still on the fence undecided. For my current sports car I didn't put any on. there were 2 options, high spots $2800 or for a complete package at +- $5800 and people have told me to only put it on if the paint is in pristine condition and probably too late for me.

I've read both sides in many threads that stuff saved the day and I've seen other threads, it didn't do what it claimed or it peeled and now I see it collects dirt on the edges.

As far as carfax, isn't that reserved solely for accidents? Will the body shop declare to them you decided to repaint the front bumper because of many years of rock chips? This is purely speculation but if we based solely on the prices of Gallardos, older Huracans would naturally depreciate to 100K-150K CAD in 10 years anyway. So what's the rebate on on a 100K car because you repainted the front bumper?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Technically weak acid is used to remove glue residue. It's dirt trapped by glue. Weak acid that is safe for paint and ppf is vinegar. Soak the edge with it and let it sit for few minutes.
Exactly!! Again a lot better than having paint work done on the car. It has saved my ass a couple times and I've seen a few other people have really good luck with it also. Sure it won't be perfect around the edges but it will look a hell of a lot better than having nicks and scratches all over the car.

·
Premium Member
2022 H EVO RWD on order
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
And that is why you go to a installer that knows what they are doing and get it checked up once a year. I have a Ceramic Matrix Grey 2019 ZR1 that has Xpel and it looks ok after 11,500 miles. The only I did to it was replace the front bumper Xpel and redo Ceramic coating
This isn’t my car. However, the best in the biz with just about the most experience in the state of Florida did my daughter’s white Chevy Trax. The edges are visible due to buildup. Rather than continuously replace the film I’d prefer to simply stay away from colors that show the edges.

·
Premium Member
2022 H EVO RWD on order
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
I'm still on the fence undecided. For my current sports car I didn't put any on. there were 2 options, high spots $2800 or for a complete package at +- $5800 and people have told me to only put it on if the paint is in pristine condition and probably too late for me.

I've read both sides in many threads that stuff saved the day and I've seen other threads, it didn't do what it claimed or it peeled and now I see it collects dirt on the edges.

As far as carfax, isn't that reserved solely for accidents? Will the body shop declare to them you decided to repaint the front bumper because of many years of rock chips? This is purely speculation but if we based solely on the prices of Gallardos, Huracans would naturally depreciate to 100K-150K CAD in 10 years anyway. So what's the rebate on on a 100K car because you repainted the front bumper?
A detailer will do a paint correction to get it close to pristine. If you’ve got significant scratches then no correction will help that. But, a good film job will cover up a lot of crap on the paint. My Hellcat I started with a full frontal but later added coverage to the trunk because of all the crap and sap etc that just made it look yucky. The film made it look like new and it was that much easier to clean going forward. Also, I had my hood repainted on that car and it wasn’t on the carfax. Seems to be random.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Technically weak acid is used to remove glue residue. It's dirt trapped by glue. Weak acid that is safe for paint and ppf is vinegar. Soak the edge with it and let it sit for few minutes.
somewhat off topic but does anyone here have any ideas on how to prevent rock chips from hitting the gigantic open area of the radiator on the EVO RWD? ive seen many of them with huge dents with only a few hundred miles on the odometer

·
Premium Member
2022 H EVO RWD on order
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
somewhat off topic but does anyone here have any ideas on how to prevent rock chips from hitting the gigantic open area of the radiator on the EVO RWD? ive seen many of them with huge dents with only a few hundred miles on the odometer
I can't remember which member posted about this but I just sent an email to AUTOMODS SARASOTA, FL | RADAR/LASER SYSTEMS | SKID PLATES to see if they can install it when they install my skid plates. Huracan 3 piece radiator grill guard kit | Exotic Insight

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
The purpose of holes underneath is for airflow for speed & stability. And the moving air is used for cooling the radiators. Blocking these holes will have some impact to the car performance. Usually people will leave them as they are because dented radiators are still functioning just fine - they just look funny if you look at them closely. If the radiators are leaking due to impact from large rocks, most likely the bumper is gone too. Also, 99% of people never peer inside to admire the radiators :)

You can put a grill underneath but IMO the car would look a bit funny with them. But to each their own. To put the grill, you need to take the bumper out, cut the grill from home improvement stores (very easy with tools), and attach them with bolts (preferably). You can get the similar grill from home improvement stores for about $10.

·
Premium Member
2022 H EVO RWD on order
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Just saw ScrapeArmor has come out with easy install radiator guards for C8. I messaged to see if they will have a no bumper removal solution for the H.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts