Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
There are cars, and there are exotics.
Car colors probably have a different depreciation curve than exotic color depreciation.
Silver has universally been the worst color to resell.
I covered my basis with red, gold, orange and yellow.
But, i didnt buy thinking what was best for the next owner. Thats a poor way to choose a highend anything.

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Speaking of what’s best for the new owner.. I have a few cars that I occasionally worry about mileage… no more , going to continue to drive and enjoy them. In the end , to me , it always seems the new owner is the only one benefiting from scoring a low mile example.

Reactions: Luzifer

·
Premium Member
2022 H EVO RWD on order
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are cars, and there are exotics.
Car colors probably have a different depreciation curve than exotic color depreciation.
Silver has universally been the worst color to resell.
I covered my basis with red, gold, orange and yellow.
But, i didnt buy thinking what was best for the next owner. Thats a poor way to choose a highend anything.
Oh come on! Don't be a buzzkill while probably enjoying your tequila! I thought it was interesting and if you haven't noticed, of late on this forum, colors and value seem to be two of the dominating conversations and this brings them together! What's also interesting is 3 of the 4 most expensive Lamborghinis ever built are a shade of silver. Top Speed

·
Premium Member
2022 H EVO RWD on order
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually, kidson has been sporting a purple countach which is highly prized. But read what I said. On normal cars, there assessment of value is probably accurate. Exotic cars have a whole different scale
I read what you wrote and I didn't address your statement where you wrote about normal cars. Read what I wrote, I addressed your statement about silver. (Love that purple!!)

·
Registered
SL #7007
1,024 Posts
Over time, silver, argento become more desirable.
It does take time however. Some of the best classic cars are some silver hues.
Like my buddy's DB5!!!! I love that car in silver!!

·
Premium Member
2022 H EVO RWD on order
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If you google most popular color for a 2022 Huracan EVO it says Verde Mantis.. I'm in the car business and have been for over 26 years and I'm always thinking about resale. This is one of the main reasons I chose Verde Mantis.
I like your thought process and always chuckle when someone is trying to sell a car with an unusual color and try to hold it out as rare and thus more valuable. I'm thinking it's rare cause nobody wanted to order that color!!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Maybe green is a popular color but I would not buy it even if it was the cheapest around. Even wrapped it would nag me forever. I would also assume the stitching or some part of the interior would be green. Even painted the original color would pop out of a scratch, a corner of a panel etc.

·
Registered
28 Posts
$9800 option
I plan on having Xpel and Ceramic coating on all of it. If you have never seen it you need to check it out. The **** is awesome. My best friend owns 3 shops and knows how to do it correctly.

·
Premium Member
2022 H EVO RWD on order
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
$9800 option
I plan on having Xpel and Ceramic coating on all of it. If you have never seen it you need to check it out. The **** is awesome. My best friend owns 3 shops and knows how to do it correctly.
I was going green til I saw a green one with xpel. The color is too light and after a while the edges show dirt. I’ll only go light colored if it’s a garage queen and I really wanna drive my first one so it won’t be that!
Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Car Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

1 - 20 of 49 Posts