Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello lads,
New member, and just put in an order for a RWD coupe. I've got the build in with the dealer, and am having a tussle with the sport seat option. I opted for comfort, but just love the looks of the new sport seats. I have the LWB seats in my GT3 Touring, and have no issues with comfort on long drives.

I am asking with your personal experience with the sport seats, having spent some miles on them, would it have changed your initial choice having now had some seat time in them.

I don't plan on tracking the EVO as I have a couple of GT3s that do see track time.

·
Registered
15 Posts
would love to hear thoughts here too. I thought the porsche buckets were fine. Wouldn’t say comfy but fine. found a car with race seats which make be more akin to the lwb since they are both fixed. I think the sport seats have a redline capability

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
would love to hear thoughts here too. I thought the porsche buckets were fine. Wouldn’t say comfy but fine. found a car with race seats which make be more akin to the lwb since they are both fixed. I think the sport seats have a redline capability
The Porsche LWB are fine, the seats don't fold nor tilt back, it is a very upright driving position. There is plenty of headroom with a helmet, and in the EVO I believe it is less which is not an issue for me. The padding on the Porsche buckets was dismally thin and hurt my back. I ordered new memory foam inserts which are 2 1/2" thick and made the longer drives doable.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
15,887 Posts
I have the sport seats and coming from the comfort seats, to my amazement the sport seats are not only MORE comfortable than the comfort seats, but they also give me more leg and head room. If you have the option to get them, don’t hesitate! You’ll love them. Lots of adjustments as well.

·
Premium Member
15,887 Posts

Reactions: DXM31 and Huracaan

·
Premium Member
1,309 Posts
I love the look of the sport seats and would have preferred them on my car, mainly for the extra room and looks, but after spending time sitting in both they are not as comfortable. They are similar to the race seats that were in my 488 and after a long day of driving my back would be feeling it

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I love the look of the sport seats and would have preferred them on my car, mainly for the extra room and looks, but after spending time sitting in both they are not as comfortable. They are similar to the race seats that were in my 488 and after a long day of driving my back would be feeling it
Plus your comfort seats are heated? Would be key living in New England.

·
Premium Member
1,309 Posts
Plus your comfort seats are heated? Would be key living in New England.
Yea that really helped with driving top down in December. Some will depend on body size also, sport seats are narrower and I felt a little tight in them.

·
Premium Member
15,887 Posts
I find more comfortable and easier to get in and out of as well. You have 6 adjustments to make it perfect for your body type. They also seem to be much easier on my back muscles. The race seats are hard these are not at all. I wouldn’t have the race seats for any reason.

·
Premium Member
1,309 Posts
But with the sport seats you don’t get the lumbar support and I find adjusting that helps my lower back

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have the sport seats and coming from the comfort seats, to my amazement the sport seats are not only MORE comfortable than the comfort seats, but they also give me more leg and head room. If you have the option to get them, don’t hesitate! You’ll love them. Lots of adjustments as well.
Another concern I have is the sport seats only come in one size, which seems very wide for my narrow behind, I seem to slide a bit, the shoulder bolsters fit great. They do look great in a Spyder. I have a little time to decide, my SA estimated July delivery and middle of March to lock the build.

·
Premium Member
15,887 Posts
They show it can be ordered in 2 sizes, the regular size or small. I’ll attach a spec sheet tomorrow that shows Everything you need to know & more about the sport seats.
I would do it now but I don’t have the file here.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Russk
I placed my order with a brand new dealer without an Ad Personam studio, love to see what else I missed.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,096 Posts
Another vote for the Sport seats here. I have had the comfort in my 2019 580-2 and prefer the Sport seats hands down both for there comfort and their beauty. Now I have only had the EVO about a month but I have put ~1000 miles on the it already. The wife and I taken 3 trips over 100 miles and on one of the three trips was over 150 miles and we had no issues whatsoever. I had buckets in my 2RS and these are way more comfortable and easier to get in and out of. A disclaimer though, the wife and I are pretty athletic and are without any back issues.
Russ mentioned the PDF on Sport seats he shared with the forum so I included that attachment for your review. For the wife and I, and apparently many others, the Sport seats are a no brainer, though, YMMV. Good luck with whatever seats you decide to opt for!

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This is incredibly helpful. Also, hearing you compare them to the buckets in your GT2 RS as more comfortable on long drives is very relatable to me. I found the Porsche buckets uncomfortable until I changed the inserts with memory foam I ordered from P1 Designs. I'll give it a second look again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello, We modify the seats, from new upholstery to modeling the sponge seats for greater comfort, check out some of our projects yourself

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,096 Posts
@Tanman88 we are all different and, as you know, the seat choice will be critical for long term enjoyment of the the EVO. If you get a chance, if you haven't already, compare both seats options at the dealership and choose on that basis. Bottom line, if the comfort seats work better for you than that's the ticket. If your wife is into sports cars and it's a hobby you both share it probably would be prudent to let her test them out as well. Let us know what you decide, and if you chose the Sports seats, your impressions. Best of luck!

·
Registered
204 Posts
GREAT timing on this thread.

I am looking at a few cars and I LOVE the look of sport seats, but am worried also about the fit.

I am not a tall guy, but I am fairly fit. 5'9 but close to 49" chest makes me nervous since my back is by far the biggest part of my body. But I am narrow through the waist etc.

I hear people all the time talking about discomfort of 'normal' seats in a Gallardo, and I have zero comfort issues. I would not mind even a more 'snug' fit across the back which I am guessing the sport seats would have.

Anybody be able to say if having some muscular development might make sport seats a no-go?

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,096 Posts
GREAT timing on this thread.

I am looking at a few cars and I LOVE the look of sport seats, but am worried also about the fit.

I am not a tall guy, but I am fairly fit. 5'9 but close to 49" chest makes me nervous since my back is by far the biggest part of my body. But I am narrow through the waist etc.

I hear people all the time talking about discomfort of 'normal' seats in a Gallardo, and I have zero comfort issues. I would not mind even a more 'snug' fit across the back which I am guessing the sport seats would have.

Anybody be able to say if having some muscular development might make sport seats a no-go?
@Itsagoodday, that is an important question though have you had a chance to try the Sports Seats at a dealership yet? Many of the new EVOs are being specced with the Sports Seats by the dealerships so it shouldn't be that hard to find one to try out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here is my build so far, any comments are welcome.

@Tanman88 we are all different and, as you know, the seat choice will be critical for long term enjoyment of the the EVO. If you get a chance, if you haven't already, compare both seats options at the dealership and choose on that basis. Bottom line, if the comfort seats work better for you than that's the ticket. If your wife is into sports cars and it's a hobby you both share it probably would be prudent to let her test them out as well. Let us know what you decide, and if you chose the Sports seats, your impressions. Best of luck!
The wife likes the look of the Sport seat, she has better vision forward, and comfort was a little firmer she noticed. I don’t necessary look long term, since most cars I only own for a few years.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts