Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car: 2011 Gallardo 560-4 Spyder with 6000 miles.
Absolutely No Issues, Just had a great drive.

Problem: Summer is finally settling down, I have not been able to detail the interior myself, a full depth detail since I've bought it.

Everything was going well! The car is minty... except, I notice on the instrument panel had swirl marks everywhere (from some clown detailer in the past "cleaning" the instrument panel.

I've buffed many instrument panels in the past, turn out like new.

SO I DECIDED TO REMOVE THE GAUGE CLUSTER. LIKE AN IDIOT... Car was off, battery still connected.

I polished the plexi with great results... Happy I reinstall and forget about it.

I try to go to dinner the other day,

I have an egear fault,... tried starting car, sounded not normal. It started then threw the two permanent codes below. I turned the car off, and now fear im down for a long while.

Any knowledgeable advice would be appreciated.

I'm guessing Lara will have to be used? Just clear the permanent codes and egear fault?????

Any one have leads on purchasing lara or renting it? I prefer to work on my own vehicles.

Again thank you! Any help won't go unrewarded! I'll send ya something for your time! Im just really a mess now!

Gadget Communication Device Fluid Finger Portable communications device

Car Speedometer Vehicle Tachometer Odometer

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,289 Posts
Sometimes several start ups and shut downs will correct or reset the issues. It seems like about 5 times in a row has worked for others.

·
Registered
2009 LP560-4
122 Posts
Try doing a soft reset by starting the car and holding both paddles for 15-20 seconds. Also check fuses maybe something popped.

Side question, did you get the scratches out? What do you use? I want to do that too, but with the cluster in the car lol.

·
Registered
2013 Gallardo - Final Edition
57 Posts
Seems like maybe a wire in the back wasnt connected properly? Maybe a fuse. I don't think its something major. The error code is telling you it cant connect to the cluster.... it has to be a cable connector maybe not properly inserted or something like that

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,431 Posts
I am with the other posters above: seems very hard to believe that the simple removal of the instrument cluster will cause the car to shut down and need the LARS system. Recheck connections of course and fuses. Very interested in how your plexiglass polishing project worked as I think we all could use it.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I did the same thing with no issues...On my preLP G I removed the instrument cluster and polished the polycarbonate with buffing compound, turned out very well and removed all the swirl marks. No issues in removing and reinstalling the instrument cluster, so my guess is something is not making a connection (try some contact cleaner on the connectors) or it is an unrelated issue and merely coincidence that it occur around when you removed the cluster.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts