Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There were a couple people asking about these so I figured I’d create a DIY for everyone.

It’s super simple and maybe a 20 minute job. The only tools are a pry tool and a pick or pair of pliers.

Supplies to buy can easily be found on Amazon as well.

You’ll need any set of Audi “projector puddle lights”. I can speak too much to differences in sellers because I just bought 1 set and they are great.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CV9PDV3/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_awdb_t1_vF7RCbW1NQQ7Z

You’ll also need a set of “projectors” to get the insert out of.

There are 2 types available on Amazon that are both colored, but this is the one I got:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XRLP45S/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_awdb_t1_FK7RCbAR6A2NC

Once you have all 4 of them in your hands, you just need to pull the light filter out of the generic one and install it in the Audi lights. To do this:

Slide the filter “tray” out from the side of the puddle light. The generic one doesn’t have the hook but it’s the same concept to remove. You just push it to slide it out on the generic one.

Next, you’ll see the tray is 2 parts. You can split them with your fingernail to pull the small light filter out of it.

Note which way is facing downward, as you want to make sure that it faces the right direction once connected.

Swap the Lambo light filter into that spot and snap back together and reinstall the tray. If it is backwards, just pull out the tray and flip it over again.

It was plug and play at that point. Pry out the old one with a non-marring tool.

Pull the actual light out and connect the plug to your new light.

Comparison of factory light vs new out of the car:

Now wait until it’s dark outside to really enjoy the new look when you open the door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
921 Posts
Thank you for the valuable DIY report.

·
Vendor
2,418 Posts
Wrex nice!

I’m going to check with my factory overseas and see if I can get them to make the Audi ones and include the lambo screen with them so might make this a little easier with less parts for the swap. I can probably get them to make different designs but this one is pretty good to be hung with. Maybe with and without the halo. I do like how the lambo logo is true to form Vs the all white version the huracan has.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wrex nice!

I’m going to check with my factory overseas and see if I can get them to make the Audi ones and include the lambo screen with them so might make this a little easier with less parts for the swap. I can probably get them to make different designs but this one is pretty good to be hung with. Maybe with and without the halo. I do like how the lambo logo is true to form Vs the all white version the huracan has.

That would be awesome. It felt like a bit of a waste since I wouldn’t use the generic set for anything. Still, for less than $30 I couldn’t really complain for something that ended up being plug and play.

Btw, the Audi lights come with 2 little wires that we don’t use in the box, but we don’t need them for anything on our cars.

·
Vendor
2,418 Posts
Cool. I’ll check it out and report back. The only issue with these vs the oem
Lambo ones ($200) is these get hotter as they have a much smaller heat sink. This isn’t much of a concern but what it means is the lambo filter will fade out over time and not be as bright on the ground. That’s only if you drive a lot and these cars aren’t every day cars for most on here. Don’t leave your door open for extended periods of time as that will make the logo fade from the heat when they are on and lit up. (If you’re taking car in for service I’d unhook beforehand) just to preserve.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Great info, thanks for the write up. Can you tell us if you have a PreLP or LP car as the connectors are different.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great info, thanks for the write up. Can you tell us if you have a PreLP or LP car as the connectors are different.

The connectors are the same. I’ve done this exact same thing on my ‘04 Pre-LP and now on my 2009 LP all the same.

Cool. I’ll check it out and report back. The only issue with these vs the oem
Lambo ones ($200) is these get hotter as they have a much smaller heat sink. This isn’t much of a concern but what it means is the lambo filter will fade out over time and not be as bright on the ground. That’s only if you drive a lot and these cars aren’t every day cars for most on here. Don’t leave your door open for extended periods of time as that will make the logo fade from the heat when they are on and lit up. (If you’re taking car in for service I’d unhook beforehand) just to preserve.

The lights time out last time I checked. I think it’s after 2-3 minutes or so. I had them out in hand and they were significantly cooler than the ones I removed from the car in the first place. I honestly think the chip will fail before it ruins the light filter.

I’ll update if these ever do start to fade though. They have stayed solid in all 8 doors across my 2 Audis and they’re the exact same setup. 3 years going strong on my wife’s Audi and it’s daily driven. I can’t imaging I’ll have an issue with them during the life of the Lambo.

·
Vendor
2,418 Posts
The connectors are the same. I’ve done this exact same thing on my ‘04 Pre-LP and now on my 2009 LP

Nice. It’s when you buy the oem lights from the Huracan and try to put them in a ours where u need to do the tiny mod for the wiring.

This is fully plug & play, click right in, which is cool.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I ordered the two parts mentioned above. The price is certainly right compared to the factory parts. The Audi part will be here in 2 days but the part with the Lamborghini emblem filter will take 3 to 5 weeks to get here from China. I'm not in a big hurry on this but I thought others may want to know about the shipping time. I tried to find U.S. stock on the China part to no avail.
I think it'll be neat when it is installed.

Steve

·
Vendor
2,418 Posts
Nice! Yep, all I will be doing will be able to offer it as in stock part. 2-3 days delivery and I'm seeing about having a bigger heat sink just to prolong life. Super inexpensive part. I love little detail things like this.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I am planning to place an order of a set of projectors on eBay.
I found two options. The First and Second.

Which one should i purchase?

Thanks.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am planning to place an order of a set of a projectors on eBay.

I found two options. The First and Second.

Which one should i purchase?

Thanks.

The little light filter is the same in either set, and since you’ll be tossing the rest of it I would just get the cheaper one unless the other has faster shipping.

·
Registered
921 Posts
The little light filter is the same in either set, and since you’ll be tossing the rest of it I would just get the cheaper one unless the other has faster shipping.

I am deeply thankful to you for the Swift clarification.

·
Vendor
2,418 Posts
Why don't we have the ability to LIKE a post on here like other forums? +1 Like for wrex. :tup:

Seem you can do without the white halo around it. Do you guys like the white halo?

·
Registered
921 Posts
Finally I installed the color puddle lights on my Gallardo SE.
I would like to say thank people on here for the valuable information and swift response.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Finally I installed the color puddle lights on my Gallardo SE.

I would like to say thank people on here for the valuable information and swift response.

Looks great!

·
Registered
921 Posts
1 - 20 of 40 Posts