Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting in an order for a Evo RWD Spyder next month.

Unfortunately due to my location & CV19 travel restrictions ( 4 week round trip to nearest dealer !!) , I am having to choose colour based on pics and vids online... which is not not completely ideal.

So this is not a 'what colour is best' question (as obviously that is highly subjective..) but rather your opinion if you have any real-world, in-the-flesh experience of these colours vs how they look online..

I've got a shortlist of 3:

1.Blu Arione / Blu Mehit.

As far as I can tell these colours are very similar, with Mehit being slightly darker. Mehit seems to look absolutely stunning in full sunshine but conversely also a bit underwhelming when not..

In reality I suspect they probably look awesome in most light conditions but just don't photograph that well in low light... but what do you think?

2. Arancio Borealis.
In some ways a 'safe' colour ( can't go wrong with an orange Lambo right?)! and if the colour as shown in this video is accurate ( a really deep, warm metallic orange) then it would be a slam-dunk. The only hesitation I have is that there are also plenty of photos online where the orange looks not as deep/rich. Anyone have any input on how this colour actually looks in the flesh?

3. Grigio Lynx.
This would appear to be a really nice deep grey... and the colour seems to photograph pretty consistently. Only hesitation here is that the grey gloss appears to soften/mask the lines of the car, as opposed to the Blu matts above; which really seem to accentuate the detail in the bodywork..

Anyway... that's where I'm at - would love to hear your guys input if you have seen or owned these colours and could give some input.

TIA

Zack

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm putting in an order for a Evo RWD Spyder next month.

Unfortunately due to my location & CV19 travel restrictions ( 4 week round trip to nearest dealer !!) , I am having to choose colour based on pics and vids online... which is not not completely ideal.

So this is not a 'what colour is best' question (as obviously that is highly subjective..) but rather your opinion if you have any real-world, in-the-flesh experience of these colours vs how they look online..

I've got a shortlist of 3:

1.Blu Arione / Blu Mehit.

As far as I can tell these colours are very similar, with Mehit being slightly darker. Mehit seems to look absolutely stunning in full sunshine but conversely also a bit underwhelming when not..

In reality I suspect they probably look awesome in most light conditions but just don't photograph that well in low light... but what do you think?

2. Arancio Borealis.
In some ways a 'safe' colour ( can't go wrong with an orange Lambo right?)! and if the colour as shown in this video is accurate ( a really deep, warm metallic orange) then it would be a slam-dunk. The only hesitation I have is that there are also plenty of photos online where the orange looks not as deep/rich. Anyone have any input on how this colour actually looks in the flesh?

3. Grigio Lynx.
This would appear to be a really nice deep grey... and the colour seems to photograph pretty consistently. Only hesitation here is that the grey gloss appears to soften/mask the lines of the car, as opposed to the Blu matts above; which really seem to accentuate the detail in the bodywork..

Anyway... that's where I'm at - would love to hear your guys input if you have seen or owned these colours and could give some input.

TIA

Zack
Count me in as an orange lambo guy... I did see the Borealis in person after looking at videos & photos which were very impressive... I agree with some, however,
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Hood
that it did not look as deep/rich... then I saw the Xanto... very deep, very rich and I bought it on the spot... (Full disclosure: I am color blind)...

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
I am pretty biased towards the Arancio Borealis. Its an amazing color. Its got a "Pearl-Essence" to it. The video you posted does a decent job representing the color, but to truly appreciate it, you must see it in person. Take a look at mine, pay mind to rear wings (quarter panels) and see how the sunlight is reflected. You can't go wrong with AB. Good luck.

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Blu mehit looks interesting never seen it. Friend has an AB EVO looks fantastic especially in sunlight. Grigio lynx is an underrated color. Need to see IRL to appreciate its depth. Loved GL in Dr. Strange and saw a GL EVO AWD Spyder in the showroom looks mean.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,450 Posts
Blu Mehit out of those choices, but there’s one more you should consider, Blu Aegir

·
Registered
265 Posts

I was looking at orange colours, I looked at Atlas and Borealis extensively. To me Atlas has a much better gradient. The darkest it as dark as Borealis but the highlights are brighter, almost a yellow. While Borealis stays more solid then in certain lights has a peach tinge to it when it hits highlights. Since they raised prices on Borealis it was a no-brainer to go with Atlas.

Check out Rosso Efesto. I saw in person on an EVO RWD and it was breathtaking

But lots of good options in other colours too, but don't get grey/black/white when you have option to choose something special

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
View attachment 292116

I was looking at orange colours, I looked at Atlas and Borealis extensively. To me Atlas has a much better gradient. The darkest it as dark as Borealis but the highlights are brighter, almost a yellow. While Borealis stays more solid then in certain lights has a peach tinge to it when it hits highlights. Since they raised prices on Borealis it was a no-brainer to go with Atlas.

But lots of good options in other colours too, but don't get grey/black/white when you have option to choose something special
That is such a hard choice, they both are incredible colors.

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
When I was touring the Factory in Italy, our tour guide asked us never to buy a white, black, or grey Lamborghini. He said they were to boring. I've never considered one since.
Yep, Lambo should be an in your face color. Out of your 3 I would go blue, I really like my Blu Sideris and looks amazing in sun with so much metallic flake in it.

Reactions: Mike M and redjim

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
then I saw the Xanto... very deep, very rich and I bought it on the spot...
Yeah I have wondered about Xanto.... but from pictures it looks right on the cusp of being a red rather than orange..
Is that true would you say ?

(Full disclosure: I am color blind)...
😃

Take a look at mine, pay mind to rear wings (quarter panels) and see how the sunlight is reflected. You can't go wrong with AB.
Yes it does look great for sure. And like your car, I would be tempted to go for black gloss wing mirrors with the orange to match the gloss black accents elsewhere ... thought strangely I don't think I've come a cross a single pic of the Huracan with this option ticked..

When I was touring the Factory in Italy, our tour guide asked us never to buy a white, black, or grey Lamborghini. He said they were to boring. I've never considered one since.
That is a totally fair & reasonable point....OK Grigio Lynx is now off the menu!

Blu Mehit out of those choices, but there’s one more you should consider, Blu Aegir
Yeah I think Blue Aegir is basically the shiny version of Blu Arione and does look awesome in pictures.

I have to admit I think I prefer the look of the matt although my dealer is trying to talk me out of matt due to major expense if the paint ever needs repairing...

I also have a slight concern that matt paint maybe regarded as a bit of a fad that becomes unpopular in years to come.

Yes, from the pics I have seen, Rosso Efesto does look fantastic. The problem for me is I will always associate red with Ferrari - it's ridiculous I know, but I can't get round it!

I really like my Blu Sideris and looks amazing in sun with so much metallic flake in it.
That does look fantastic.

Thanks for all your replies guys - much appreciated.

It's a tough one, but the good thing is that these cars look awesome in pretty much any colour !

·
Registered
355 Posts
Good friend has this

Evo in Xanto, and yes I would say it is more toward the red end of the orange spectrum, but the best way to describe it is it looks like it’s on fire. I’ve always liked Borealis and it’s a great color, but would take the Xanto over it in a heartbeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
I had 2 blacks and then decided it was time for some fun color and I got fun and beauty with my Blu Lemans & Blu Cepheus. Then I went to something completely different and I am liking it more & more every day. I think Lamborghinis should be bright, bold and exciting and the color has everything to do with it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I had 2 blacks and then decided it was time for some fun color and I got fun and beauty with my Blu Lemans & Blu Cepheus. Then I went to something completely different and I am liking it more & more every day. I think Lamborghinis should be bright, bold and exciting and the color has everything to do with it.
View attachment 292175
Looks absolutely great!
Very well done.
Sant’Agata offer so many beautiful colors, it is quite a challenge to finally decide which one to take.
Have fun and take care!

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Thanks. It is almost impossible to make a decision on color because this car looks AMAZING in any color really. Some are pretty, some are wild and some are just plain FUN, but they all look great.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,461 Posts
Sports cars should be loud and in your face. The Arancio is awfully nice and that is my next choice after Blu. Whatever colour you choose don't b be inhibited......go big, go bold or go home. :giggle:

Reactions: Russk

·
Registered
265 Posts
Yes it does look great for sure. And like your car, I would be tempted to go for black gloss wing mirrors with the orange to match the gloss black accents elsewhere ... thought strangely I don't think I've come a cross a single pic of the Huracan with this option ticked..
Atlas with black wing mirrors

Reactions: EVORWSP

·
Registered
265 Posts
Also might be worth checking out the new orange, Arancio Bruciato, there is a recent thread about it

1 - 20 of 60 Posts