Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 H EVO RWD on order
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So who is gonna win? I think GA learned their lesson in the first game and may be able to pull a rabbit out of their hat for the championship.

·
Premium Member
2022 H EVO RWD on order
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tough call. Bama crushed UGA SEC championship. Both looked dominant yesterday. Thought Michigan was going to win. Wrong!

Hoping for a close game. Hate Saban. Go UGA!
I’ll admit I like the more relaxed Saban of the past couple of years but I’m done with Bama. Go Dawgs!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I would love for UGA to win but I kinda doubt it. The only former Nick Saban former coach to beat him is Jimbo Fisher and I kinda think that is not going to change.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Ugh…that’s my team. 😢
mmm, I better stop there, I could go into a rant about ND. Obviously not one of my teams.
But, that is one of the things I love about college football, we have teams we love not matter what and other teams we hate, just because. The reality is teams change so much over time, new coach's, new AD's, and obviously new players, the love em-hate em stays the same for some reason.

·
Premium Member
2022 H EVO RWD on order
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mmm, I better stop there, I could go into a rant about ND. Obviously not one of my teams.
But, that is one of the things I love about college football, we have teams we love not matter what and other teams we hate, just because. The reality is teams change so much over time, new coach's, new AD's, and obviously new players, the love em-hate em stays the same for some reason.
Thanks! Give me another week to recover and then you can rant!!!

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Outside of the semifinals there have been some great games this bowl season.
The Tennessee-Purdue game was the most exciting game I watched.

Pittsburgh-MSU also fun.

At first I was unenthused about the non-CFP bowls because so many stars were opting out.

Then I watched Matt Corral go down and was super bummed. Especially due to his committment to his teammates and program to play in the Sugar Bowl. Hope his injury doesn't derail his draft position. I think Corral and Pickett go #1 and 2 or vice-versa first QB's drafted. Ironically Pickett's decision to skip the Peach Bowl seems prescient now after Corral went down.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
The Tennessee-Purdue game was the most exciting game I watched.

Pittsburgh-MSU also fun.

At first I was unenthused about the non-CFP bowls because so many stars were opting out.

Then I watched Matt Corral go down and was super bummed. Especially due to his committment to his teammates and program to play in the Sugar Bowl. Hope his injury doesn't derail his draft position. I think Corral and Pickett go #1 and 2 or vice-versa first QB's drafted. Ironically Pickett's decision to skip the Peach Bowl seems prescient now after Corral went down.
If I was in that situation I would opt out. Their future lively hood is on the line.
Matt Corral is OK

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
If I was in that situation I would opt out. Their future lively hood is on the line.
Matt Corral is OK
Such a competitor. Good to hear.

Jaylon Smith's draft stock went from LB1 to 2nd rounder after his Fiesta Bowl ACL injury so your point on opting out is valid.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Matt Corral is OK
So you’re saying all senior football players should quit playing in the middle of a losing season, just so they can be sure to partake in the spring combine?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
So you’re saying all senior football players should quit playing in the middle of a losing season, just so they can be sure to partake in the spring combine?
That really depends on how high they think they will go in the draft. Even ones who show up for a bowl game don't want to give 100% and it seems very few, anymore, play all the years they are eligible to play(their senior year). Unless you are in the final four the games are pretty meaningless in the current format.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
That really depends on how high they think they will go in the draft. Even ones who show up for a bowl game don't want to give 100% and it seems very few, anymore, play all the years they are eligible to play(their senior year). Unless you are in the final four the games are pretty meaningless in the current format.
Meaningless?
Well I believe schools and their conferences get paid to play/win their bowl games. So, it’s not exactly meaningless.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts