Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Vendor
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This car is so loud on a cold start that it will literally knock you over. I love it. What’s neat is within about 30 seconds it will then calm down and be a nice low idle. Loc 5 straight pipe exhaust.

That’s what I’m pulling in the dB meter on a cold start. To do the test correctly on your own car (Place the microphone of a decibel meter even with the level of the center of the muffler exhaust opening. Locate the microphone 19 1/2 inches behind the tail pipe at a 45-degree angle to the opening, diagram attached. The microphone cannot be in the direct gas path from the exhaust)

This means on a cold start, I'm as loud as a Ferrari F430 at 8k rpm, lol. (Again, after 20-30 sec it goes to a quiet idle but one of the coolest things with owning this car.

Order your meter here. (there are apps on your cellphone but they aren't as accurate)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07558DPKN/

40dB Whispering

60dB Normal conversation

100dB Normal average car or house stereo at maximum volume

110dB Car stereo with two 6 x 9” speakers and 100 watts

120dB Front row at a rock concert

125dB Drums, at the moment of striking

128dB Loudest human scream

130dB Marching band of 200 members

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
That's definitely pretty loud! Travarish on YouTube did a pretty good measurement on his twin turbo lamborghini (and other cars) and the results were that his lambo blew away the other cars in terms of volume. It's pretty fun to measure, I'll definitely do that stock and after if I change my exhaust.

·
Vendor
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's definitely pretty loud! Travarish on YouTube did a pretty good measurement on his twin turbo lamborghini (and other cars) and the results were that his lambo blew away the other cars in terms of volume. It's pretty fun to measure, I'll definitely do that stock and after if I change my exhaust.
Cool, can't wait to see the results

1 - 3 of 3 Posts