Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone on this forum had any problems selling their vehicles through CNC Motors in Upland, CA?
Apparently, a lot of people found out that their vehicles were sold off but they did not get paid and the number of people keeps growing.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thanks for sharing Sanjay. Really sad story by Matt, but not overly surprising given what I've heard about CNC.

Many/most owners buying exotics are not trustfund-billionaire-babies but working-class schmucks who have worked long and hard to afford one of these toys.

To hear 'poor me' excuses from folks like Clay is very aggravating. This is why I'm looking for a Murci from a private buyer and want to avoid dealers. Folks like Clay ruin exotic purchase and ownership for everyone, destroying lives in the process.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,657 Posts
What an absolute nightmare. After hearing this, CNC is now permanently on my avoid at all costs list.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,657 Posts
This sounds like the automotive equivalent of a Ponzi scheme.

Reactions: 3Stooges

·
Registered
17' SV Roadster, Performante Spyder, 458 Spyder
149 Posts
This is the definition of a "ponzi" scheme for sure. I feel for those that are tied up in this. Totally abhorrent behavior from a dealer that has the perception that all is good. He gives all dealers a bad name. I how they are able to make everyone whole but I have a feeling this is a sinking ship.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Apparently, if the shop owner declares bankruptcy then all the people whose cars have been sold off are out of luck. That's why they are racing to put a lien on the business. Really sad and could happen to anyone.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,657 Posts
In the current vernacular CNC was robbing Peter to pay Paul or is it :unsure: robbing Peter, Paul and Mary to Pay himself?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Watching the interview with Clay makes me want to puke.. He acts like he is a victim himself.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,657 Posts
^^Agree, it smacks of sociopathy.

Reactions: 54Greg

·
Registered
358 Posts
Here's an explanation on the situation. I don't work in the field but seems like he understands what is going on?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Happens a lot in the UK...guy is a ****.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,657 Posts
Man o man this is an absolute horror. My goodness!

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,207 Posts
Wow! If true, this will end in BK with losses to owners and jail time for CNC folks!?

·
Registered
133 Posts
from that interview it's gotten even worse now. Apparently some hyper car worth close to 4mill is bye bye as well. Dan hasn't released that info but the number is now close to 8mil in money's owed to victims.

I have a gut feeling this dude is collecting funds and is going to flee because no way he can recover. From what I'm hearing he's done federal crimes by forging people's signature to collect auto title loans.

this guy blamed covid yet he was doing it since 2018. absolute scumbag and i feel horrible for all of these people. You can't collect if he doesn't have squat.

Reactions: Cadster

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,191 Posts
How can they still be in business, incredible.

·
Registered
133 Posts
a new update by Dan. What I want to know is how many flash lights does one person need. goodness.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts