Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm the new owner (from first hand) of a feb'08 gallardo spider. I've just went to my Lamborghini dealer for the 12000km (7500M) service and I was very surprised when he told me that my cluth wear was 92% with a tickness of 5.2mm so he warned me because of the high risk of breaking somtething else in the car for a quick replacement as the maximum cluth wear was 5.6mm. As you know it costs a lot : 6300euros in France (8500$) so I'd like to know as a very smooth driver never driving tracks, always in neutral position when stopped (I know how a E gear transmission works because I used to have a 360 Modena F1), how much longer can I use my clutch? Is there any thicknes margin? I heard about it was possible to go until 7.5 mm of thickness wear, is it right?
My car is at the moment in my Lamborghini dealer, so would you mind telling me what should I do? Replace the clutch now to avoid any problems or can I wait 3 to 5oookm?
Thanks for your reply.

·
Premium Member
10,242 Posts
As a rule of thumb, never believe a dealer if it's something you're paying for :)

I think someone posted they had 4.6mm left last week and they didn't have any clutch slippage yet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply, but thinking that the wear level is the right one, how many miles left until the clutch issue? Is there any thickness margin?

·
Premium Member
10,242 Posts
Well, it looks like you're using your clutch relatively quickly. But if you look at what it costs to replace (they often add on the cost of replacing all the egear piping to prevent leaks) and you have about 15% of life left, then that's about 1000euros worth... Up to you of course.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
doesnt sound like you abuse it so i am just baffled at the wear...my 07 is at 75% remaining at 8,000 miles...i would ask to see a print out of the e-gear snap shot...because i dont believe them.

·
Premium Member
10,242 Posts
"high risk of breaking" what exactly... Wearing out the part that's worn out and needs changing? They're definitely playing a fear and doubt angle...

·
Registered
615 Posts
You should be fine for 2-3 months if you take it easy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts