Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am interested in purchasing a gallardo soon. I wanted to know if there's a guide for understanding clutch snaps? For example, someone told me they had "45% clutch life" on their gallardo that they were trying to sell me. At what percent does it need replacement? Is there a good number to shoot for to get say 10k miles out of the clutch? I know 04s have longer 1st gears as well, and some people will replace clutches with kevlar clutches. Appreciate the help!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hi all, I am interested in purchasing a gallardo soon. I wanted to know if there's a guide for understanding clutch snaps? For example, someone told me they had "45% clutch life" on their gallardo that they were trying to sell me. At what percent does it need replacement? Is there a good number to shoot for to get say 10k miles out of the clutch? I know 04s have longer 1st gears as well, and some people will replace clutches with kevlar clutches. Appreciate the help!
Here is an example of one I just had done in prep for selling my car. Will tell overheat events, launces and wear.
Mine came back 1.2mm. The discard point is 5.6mm so this clutch has 80% life left in it.

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is an example of one I just had done in prep for selling my car. Will tell overheat events, launces and wear.
Mine came back 1.2mm. The discard point is 5.6mm so this clutch has 80% life left in it.
Got it, thanks so much this is helpful! 45% comes out to roughly 3.08mm if I'm right.

1.0 - ((actual mm) / (discard mm)) = clutch life
Assume discard mm is Lamborghini's spec of 5.6mm always.

1.0 - (1.2 / 5.6)
1.0 - (0.21) = 79%
I think I did that right lol. I suppose you can do it backwards to get clutch measurement too, like in my case where I was given 45%.

1.0 - (x/5.6) = 45%
1.0 - (x/5.6) = 0.45
-(x/5.6) = -0.55
x = 3.08mm

·
Registered
319 Posts
Got it, thanks so much this is helpful! 45% comes out to roughly 3.08mm if I'm right.

1.0 - ((actual mm) / (discard mm)) = clutch life
Assume discard mm is Lamborghini's spec of 5.6mm always.

1.0 - (1.2 / 5.6)
1.0 - (0.21) = 79%
I think I did that right lol. I suppose you can do it backwards to get clutch measurement too, like in my case where I was given 45%.

1.0 - (x/5.6) = 45%
1.0 - (x/5.6) = 0.45
-(x/5.6) = -0.55
x = 3.08mm

Yes. Just as a ref, people have stated that as you see more wear, the clutch also wears faster. Eg, you get more life out of the first 50% of the clutch vs the last 50%. Cant remember exactly, but I believe the wear picks up fairly significantly. Hopefully someone with more experience can chime in.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes. Just as a ref, people have stated that as you see more wear, the clutch also wears faster. Eg, you get more life out of the first 50% of the clutch vs the last 50%. Cant remember exactly, but I believe the wear picks up fairly significantly. Hopefully someone with more experience can chime in.
Also good to know, many thanks for the info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts