Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to start removing the engine of my 06 Roadster today for a clutch replacement. My car is e-gear. I've got a new OE clutch and thrust bearing to install. 34k miles on the car. Any advising for other parts to replace while this happens?

·
Registered
LP640
2,175 Posts
engine mounts
rear driveshaft bearings
oil sump tank screen
spark plugs (inspect & replace coils as necessary)
all coolant lines in the engine bay
air filters

If you're debating primary cat delete or high flow cats, this is the time to swap them out.

·
Registered
408 Posts
engine mounts
rear driveshaft bearings
oil sump tank screen
air filters

If you're debating primary cat delete or high flow cats, this is the time to swap them out.
Which are the driveshaft bearings? Are these on the driveshafts or inside the diff?
Also the tank screen, where is that located?

Never knew about these...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wonderful info.

engine mounts
rear driveshaft bearings
oil sump tank screen
air filters

·
Registered
LP640
2,175 Posts
Which are the driveshaft bearings? Are these on the driveshafts or inside the diff?
Also the tank screen, where is that located?

Never knew about these...
The driveshaft that runs along the oil pan. The easy way to change the bearings is to do it when the transmission isn't connected to the engine (i.e. engine out) when the engine is in the car, the rear diff and all the accessories have to come off to get the driveshaft out.

The oil sump is in front of the battery. Some people remove the sump itself to remove the lines are they have massive fittings (I *think* 42mm), but it can be done in car and is much easier to access with the engine out.

Here is a before/after of mine. The after is with a socket my tech fabricated to remove the filter, the before is the cut-out used as a wrench to remove the line.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts