Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just to hold of a 2006 Gallardo Spyder with 22k mikes on it... when I bought the car I was told the clutch snap had 87% left and I had a inspection here in my home town and he said it is 101% worn....does anyone know the calculation for this ? Here are both snaps ...

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 Superleggera
140 Posts
Since one is from two years and a few thousand miles ago it's kinda useless, the other one says 101% so looks like it's time for a new clutch. I want to say I read something that said anything over 80% means you get to buy a new clutch.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since one is from two years and a few thousand miles ago it's kinda useless, the other one says 101% so looks like it's time for a new clutch. I want to say I read something that said anything over 80% means you get to buy a new clutch.
You think the 101% is accurate? The car has zero problems shifting besides a little shudder at low speed take off ...

·
Registered
2008 Superleggera
140 Posts
You think the 101% is accurate? The car has zero problems shifting besides a little shudder at low speed take off ...
Do you have anything showing the clutch has been replaced prior to your ownership? If not then on average you're probably due for a new clutch. Now I know theres some people that will say they've gotten a gazzilion miles on a factory clutch etc but that's not the norm and for the overwhelming majority of the cars getting a new clutch is just an expense that goes along with the car, it's not a honda after all. And saying "it has zero problems except..." means it doesn't have zero problems. As for the clutch snap that second one has numbers marked off and new numbers written in so who knows if it's accurate or not. Somewhere I've got mine from where I had Lamborghini of St. Louis do one before I bought my car, 80% wear meant time for a new clutch, you can mess up other stuff by letting it get too worn.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Buddies F430 was the same way. One day it just stopped shifting. Clutch wear was like 112%. Prior to that it shifted completely normal. His clutch and flywheel were fried and still having issues with the car related to transmission and shifting after the new clutch. Probably wise to change it before getting this worn.
On the other hand, the picture you shared has handwriting that looks like whoever was doing wasn't sure of themselves. A second opinion may be needed.

·
Vendor
1,782 Posts
A snap is not very accurate. It just gives you a guide where your clutch is at. It's like your gas tank gauge. it says you have 0 miles and you get 5 more miles or it says you got 5 miles and you run out of gas.

When the snap shows 5.7 mm that means that your clutch is 100% used. We have seen about 5-10% that can go over 5.7mm but the clutch goes out without any warning and you can get stuck in a gear. We had a customer that his clutch let go and he was stuck in 3rd gear and had to have it towed. His E-gear actuator went bad after couple of months because he went over 80%.

we have clutches that can last 350% longer than a stock clutch. You can read more from our customers here:

DIY Lamborghini Gallardo clutch Kevlar kit by Hi Tech...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts