Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had a nice drive around today, the roads were dry.

All of a sudden the clutch pedal feels different and now the clutch started slipping a little in drive and then wouldn't dissengage to change gear...

I can understand not dissengaging (not enough travel e.g. bad hydraulics) on it's own and slipping (e.g. worn friction plate or freeplay bad) also on it's own but not together as symptoms.

This implies something in the clutch cover itself, or release mechanism...

What do you think ? it sounds like the gearbox would have to come off :(

thanks

·
Registered
440 Posts
You can take of the little perforated plate and have a look while somebody is pressing the clutch pedal, maybe you can see something. But I am afraid you will have to take the engine out and the gearbox off.
GRS Paul.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can take of the little perforated plate and have a look while somebody is pressing the clutch pedal, maybe you can see something. But I am afraid you will have to take the engine out and the gearbox off.
GRS Paul.
Yes I already had a look though the plate. I mean the clutch is moving and so there is nothing really to see. We think maybe the friction material has come loose on the driven plate. So yes engine out, fortunately it was out only 2 years ago and I was thinking how long will the clutch last since I had the car for 8 years!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Yes I already had a look though the plate. I mean the clutch is moving and so there is nothing really to see. We think maybe the friction material has come loose on the driven plate. So yes engine out, fortunately it was out only 2 years ago and I was thinking how long will the clutch last since I had the car for 8 years!
OK, do not forget to renew the timing belts when you have the engine out, and check the bearings in the rollers.
Succes! Paul.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, do not forget to renew the timing belts when you have the engine out, and check the bearings in the rollers.
Succes! Paul.
Yes though actually the belt and bearings were all renewed about 1500 miles ago so no need to change, actually more just an interim check on the belt tension.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Yes though actually the belt and bearings were all renewed about 1500 miles ago so no need to change, actually more just an interim check on the belt tension.
When this car would be mine I changed the belts, easy job when the engine is out, and its cheap, 75 euro or so for two new belts. A broken belt is a disaster. I change mine every 2 years.
GRS Paul.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts