Lamborghini Talk banner

Clutch life

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Giallous? 
#1 · (Edited)
Input on buying a murci with 50 percent clutch life left? Going easy how many miles before needing to replace?

thank you

#3 ·
What year?

More importantly, why pay 150k+ for a 600+HP Lamborghini to "go easy" ?

Anyways, the clutch wears when it slips so counterintuitively: hitting the gas on the highway causes very little wear while creeping through traffic or around a parking lot can absolutely savage your clutch.

If driven the way the manufacturer intended, meaning at speed, then you'll enjoy tens of thousands of miles. Alternatively, people have burned out a new clutch in a few miles at low speeds.

Here's a video discussing exactly that. It starts with an Aventador clutch burned out at low speed and then gets into instances of burnt Murci clutches:

"It was a brand new [Murci] clutch that I burnt and I mean you're talking 3 miles...."

#5 ·
If you take it easy driving it shouldn't have degradation just the normal but if you put a lot of stress on the clutch there's more degradation. Going to the extreme racing cars parts are being replaced more often than normal cars because they have to support more stress that makes those parts degrade faster. I hope I'm explaining myself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.