Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having just got my Gallardo 6-speed, I'm pretty worried hearing all these clutch stories. Other than obvious total clutch failure, what are the warning signs and symptoms of clutch problems for these cars? For instance engine revs with clutch fully engaged, etc.

Thanks,

Richard

·
Registered
91 Posts
The clutch problems are on the early cars. I'm not sure up to what date of production or VIN, but other posts on this site have mentioned when the upgrade was introduced in terms of date and VIN.

My car was made in November 2003, number 00962. The clutch went at 1100 miles and the first sign was just that it started slipping really bad.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mine is older, number 0110. 6 speed. I found out that the clutch was replaced under warranty at 4800 miles with what the dealer referred to as the "C" clutch. Car now has 6400 miles. guess I will drive it right and hope for the best.

·
Registered
7 Posts
what can I do to Lambo

I have a 2004 6 speed with 700 miles the clutch is gone and needs replaced :mad:Dealer says they will look at the computer to tell me if there was abuse ???? I bought the car used and if they do not stand behind the clutch it will cost me 7K :mad: :eek:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Clutch

My clutch is slipping at 4900 miles. I've been nice to the car, but the previous owner wasn't as nice. They seemed very helpful and are replacing it at no cost to me. I am a bit curious if the new clutches are going to be better?

·
Registered
91 Posts
August 2005 Car & Driver, page 56, regarding the Gallardo:

Acceleration testing resulted in the "death of the clutch"

Even with my updated clutch I am still afraid to drive the car hard, which is very embarassing because I have to give all the little boys in their rice rockets a head start from the green light.

I'm sure they tell all their friends that their Civic blew of a Gallardo (at least for the first 100 feet or so).

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
I have an e-gear with 26,000km and no clutch problems since new. Looks like the stick shifts are having more issues than the e-gears after all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts