Driving straight. No noise
Slight turn to the right no noise
30% turn to the right clicking appears
Tighter the turn louder the click

doesn’t seem to do it turning left.
Any ideas ?
Thanks
Mat
Check lug nuts. Sounds dumb but in early Murcies, it was random to have lug nuts “click”. Happened to mine and there was a service bulletin regarding it. If can happen in Murcie, can happen in aventador. Guessing it’s real faint, hard to hear, almost sounds like a nail in the tire but more pronounced and too often for the tire to make rotation and repeat. Maybe a little louder than a solid knuckle crack at low speed and turning?

more noticeable on one side than the other? If they’re titanium lug nuts, which I think they are, then I would strongly urge you to have them checked, retorqued, if not replaced, then stagger the questionable ones on other wheels so they all aren’t on one wheel any longer...but replacement would be my suggestion.
Curious what comes of this one for future knowledge.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Check lug nuts. Sounds dumb but in early Murcies, it was random to have lug nuts “click”. Happened to mine and there was a service bulletin regarding it. If can happen in Murcie, can happen in aventador. Guessing it’s real faint, hard to hear, almost sounds like a nail in the tire but more pronounced and too often for the tire to make rotation and repeat. Maybe a little louder than a solid knuckle crack at low speed and turning?

more noticeable on one side than the other? If they’re titanium lug nuts, which I think they are, then I would strongly urge you to have them checked, retorqued, if not replaced, then stagger the questionable ones on other wheels so they all aren’t on one wheel any longer...but replacement would be my suggestion.
Curious what comes of this one for future knowledge.
Hi Kevin.
this is exactly how it sounds.
I have checked the torque settings today and each one is 130nm. What I didn’t check is if they are overtight.
but as you have written is what I am experiencing.
what causes the noise ?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Hi Kevin.
this is exactly how it sounds.
I have checked the torque settings today and each one is 130nm. What I didn’t check is if they are overtight.
but as you have written is what I am experiencing.
what causes the noise ?
I don;t know what causes it, but I do know the fix is to REPLACE the lug nuts. Mine drove me nuts. It was a service bulliten at the time, not quite a recall, but check with your dealer on it, otherwise, buy a brand new set and toss the olds.

Kevin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts