Lamborghini Talk banner

ClearPlex or Not...?

10959 Views 87 Replies 20 Participants Last post by  2Tired
Recently bought a 2020 Huracan EVO - all wheel drive. Haven't driven much, as I had been waiting to get it 100% wrapped in Xpel and windows tinted, that's finally all done and have been able to put those first few hundred miles on it.

I'm considering putting ClearPlex on the windshield...minimal cost of around $500, no big deal. The question is to do it or not. I am completely OCD about my vehicles (wouldn;t even drive the EVO until fully wrapped to keep paint perfect). I certainly like the idea of windshield protection from rocks and road debris. Have read many negative reviews on less than perfectly clear, once you do get a few minor rock hits it dimples and looks horrible and vision through it gets worse and worse. I understand it may only "last" a couple years and then need replaced, I'm fine with that...just not sure whether to do it or not.

Any real world experience and input is appreciated.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2020 Huracan Evo AWD
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Get it. You will have peace of mind and you can replace it when it gets old. I have it on all my cars and it is cheap enough and can be replaced. Even if it prevents even one rock chip it is worth it.
I have also heard its a tricky install as they have to remove the windshield wipers (not just blades) and on Lambo's those have to reset back to the exact factory position or can cause issues ? (anyone know or hear of this?)

· Registered
2020 Huracan Evo AWD
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes. Worth it. Just make sure you go to a shop that is authorized to install them.
Agreed to a reputable shop -- very fortunate my local shop is award winning Xpel dealer/installer and does tons of this type of stuff --- they have worked on everything from everyday daily drivers to very Limited Edition Lambos, Ford GT's, Bugatti's and on and on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.