Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Huracan Evo AWD
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently bought a 2020 Huracan EVO - all wheel drive. Haven't driven much, as I had been waiting to get it 100% wrapped in Xpel and windows tinted, that's finally all done and have been able to put those first few hundred miles on it.

I'm considering putting ClearPlex on the windshield...minimal cost of around $500, no big deal. The question is to do it or not. I am completely OCD about my vehicles (wouldn;t even drive the EVO until fully wrapped to keep paint perfect). I certainly like the idea of windshield protection from rocks and road debris. Have read many negative reviews on less than perfectly clear, once you do get a few minor rock hits it dimples and looks horrible and vision through it gets worse and worse. I understand it may only "last" a couple years and then need replaced, I'm fine with that...just not sure whether to do it or not.

Any real world experience and input is appreciated.

·
Registered
17' SV Roadster, Performante Spyder X2, STO (inbound), Ferrari 458 Spyder,
455 Posts
Get it. You will have peace of mind and you can replace it when it gets old. I have it on all my cars and it is cheap enough and can be replaced. Even if it prevents even one rock chip it is worth it.

·
Registered
2020 Huracan Evo AWD
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Get it. You will have peace of mind and you can replace it when it gets old. I have it on all my cars and it is cheap enough and can be replaced. Even if it prevents even one rock chip it is worth it.
I have also heard its a tricky install as they have to remove the windshield wipers (not just blades) and on Lambo's those have to reset back to the exact factory position or can cause issues ? (anyone know or hear of this?)

·
Registered
2020 Huracan Evo AWD
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes. Worth it. Just make sure you go to a shop that is authorized to install them.
Agreed to a reputable shop -- very fortunate my local shop is award winning Xpel dealer/installer and does tons of this type of stuff --- they have worked on everything from everyday daily drivers to very Limited Edition Lambos, Ford GT's, Bugatti's and on and on.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I put it on the svj to play it safe. Wife and I feel like lights at night look a little crazy thru it..anyone else?

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,682 Posts
I have never done the windshield protection but on the next EVO I will, the windshield gets dinged to easily. Is ClearPlex the best option out there?

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,533 Posts
I just figured if my window gets chipped I will use my window insurance protect on my State Farm policy. I am OCD about my glass, has to be perfect and I would be worried it would have small imperfections is I ClearPlexed it which would drive me nuts.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I put it on the svj to play it safe. Wife and I feel like lights at night look a little crazy thru it..anyone else?
Yes, it does. Mainly because the windshields are so sloped on these supercars.

But it's no worse than a Range Rover that has the heating elements in the windshield. And after driving a while with the distortion of both, you no longer notice it. The brain just cancels it out after a while.

·
Registered
17' SV Roadster, Performante Spyder X2, STO (inbound), Ferrari 458 Spyder,
455 Posts
I just figured if my window gets chipped I will use my window insurance protect on my State Farm policy. I am OCD about my glass, has to be perfect and I would be worried it would have small imperfections is I ClearPlexed it which would drive me nuts.
The issue is if you have to respond the windshield your insurance company will more than likely find a cheap replacement rather than oem and that works forever both me... just saying.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,682 Posts
In Arizona, glass coverage is a requirement for insurance companies to provide. No deductible.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
I see but the way I feel, I barely want the dealerships mucking around with the car for routine service and having them changing a windshield makes me more than a little uncomfortable. DK, for me windshield protection may the prudent way to go.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have it on my Aston and when I first picked up the car I felt there was an extremely light distortion. It initially bugged me but after a few days I ceased to notice anymore and am glad that I had it installed when they did the full PPF. If it continued to be an issue I could simply have it removed.

A Lamborghini with an even higher windshield rake angle may make the slight distortion more noticeable, but I think you will forget about it knowing you have added protection.

As Lambo2018 mentioned, changing out a windshield on an expensive vehicle capable of speeds ~ 200 mph needs precision and I would like to avoid that if at all possible.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I would also like to know if it affects visibility or if there are other options. I don't drive at night typically.
Have Clearplex on my 2021 Evo... dealer installed... no distortion day or night... would never know it was on... when freeway driving I try to stay away from the big rigs, but they are there- some with their wheel splash/rock guards in place and some without... does give me peace of mind to have at least some glass protection...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts