Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I saw this mentioned somewhere before - anyone know who sells the clear bonnet covers for the Murci? I think it would look pretty cool - I guess I'm spoiled from my Modena days!

and Roy was telling me that there was a thread telling how to widen the seat on the murci at the bottom if anyone could point me to it that would be great thanks again Harry

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
My Blue/Silver Murcie has the clear rear deck............I know that PRESTIGE got it and put it own for the former owner, (Eddie Jones).

You might call them and see where they got it..........

I also want to say I remember the guy here on L-Talk from the LARNI exhaust knowing about it........

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Roy i just went to an old post and saw the pictures of your car there - your interior is alot nicer than the new one that eddie jones put on i sent you the pics already!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Jeff from Platinum says they stopped selling the clear engine covers because they cracked or got too hot. I've also heard this from several other sources. All the covers that I've seen have been made from either acrylic or lexan and even the lexan (which is an amazing and very expensive material) didn't hold up. The Gallardo cover is made from glass. I think the only proper aftermarket Murcie clear cover will have to be made from multiple glass slats to withstand the enormous heat the engine generates. So far, nothing like this exists on the market, that I am aware of. Might be a good opportunity for someone?

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Roy drives his car alot I believe I think he would have mentioned if he had a problem with it - maybe it is only few of them that are bad

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
This came up before, I can say that I now have over 7K miles on my car.........a lot of them continous miles i.e., to So Cal from Seattle and Back up to Canada and back...........and a lot of the runs well over 140 mph for a long way...so I know it heats up........

I have not had ANY problems with my clear back......as a matter of fact I like it better than the factory because I can see out the rear better than the painted vision blocking stock deck......plus the black just does not look good IMO.....

I can notspeak for others.but would surely get another for a new car!!! :wave:

·
Registered
6 Posts
YellowMurci,

Miura Corse offers the clear engine bonnet for your Murcielago. We have it in stock. Please contact me if you have any questions regarding the Miura Corse product line for your Murcielago.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Looks pretty cool, my guess is that it should add to some visibility improvements as well. What's it made of?

Any pics so we can see how it looks mounted an the car?

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Last Activity: 03-21-2007

You can contact P-Factor through the website he has in his profile.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Miura Corsa has it still under special offers, perhaps they ran into problems too...

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was looking thru all the threads ... I would be extremely interested if u could get me a price for it I would greatly appreciate it

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
so does any one have the clear bonet for a good price?

also what happened to harry ?? 212 ??

he hasnt been here in a while? is he off the lambo's??

1 - 20 of 26 Posts