Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
97.0 Diablo VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best product to clean off the discoloration of exhaust on the tailpipes and return to shiny stainless look?

·
Registered
SL #7007
1,021 Posts
I use this with a small wheel brush and I’ve had zero issues. l reached out to Chemcial Guys and made sure it was safe on painted surfaces because my SL’s tips are black. Just in case yours are painted.
Liquid Fluid Font Rectangle Parallel

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2022 H EVO RWD on order
2,199 Posts
If truly stainless I used to use Mothers wheel polish on my Vette tips and not only did it clean them perfectly it made the cleanings in between very easy. Use with microfiber towel and good to go!

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,066 Posts
I use this with a small wheel brush and I’ve had zero issues. l reached out to Chemcial Guys and made sure it was safe on painted surfaces because my SL’s tips are black. Just in case yours are painted.
View attachment 306328
Thanks good to know it’s ok on black ones.

Reactions: Cliff.1620

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,677 Posts
Here is a great brush for the tailpipes, and I use the larger version for the wheel rims.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,677 Posts
BTW, that small EZ Brush only cost me $14 in 2017.

·
Premium Member
21,066 Posts
Chemical Guys has a great line of products. I also use their Wet Look Tire Shine, works great.

·
Registered
SL #7007
1,021 Posts
Chemical Guys has a great line of products. I also use their Wet Look Tire Shine, works great.
Same, I have only used CG products for probably 6+ years. Don’t mean to hijack but I used this tire dressing also and it was great but I just switched to Car Guys because it doesn’t fling….

·
Premium Member
21,066 Posts
Same, I have only used CG products for probably 6+ years. Don’t mean to hijack but I used this tire dressing also and it was great but I just switched to Car Guys because it doesn’t fling….
Yes! I used to buy Chadwicks "No Sling" but never could find a reasonable way to ship it. I can CG with Amazon Prime free shipping.

·
Registered
SL #7007
1,021 Posts
Yes! I used to buy Chadwicks "No Sling" but never could find a reasonable way to ship it. I can CG with Amazon Prime free shipping.
I’ll check them out next time!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Adams Polishes metal polish combo is awesome:

·
Premium Member
21,066 Posts

·
Premium Member
97.0 Diablo VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Great responses everyone. Thank you. I am redoing my tips on my Diablo as a side project while my engine is out and I think what I’ll do is use several products side by side and post results here.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts