Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Premium Member
2022 Rosso Mars Huracan STO
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in our forum members routine for cleaning their CCBs. To include products/soaps used and brushes. I know there are members that simply hit it the rims with a pressure washer but I prefer to get down and dirty and agitate with wheel brushes

Procedure:
  • I pre-wet all the wheels/rims
  • I then use my soap cannon and foam two of the wheels on the same side, I use either Chemical Guys Honeydew Snow Foam Soap or Adams Car Shampoo
  • I then use a bucket dedicated to the wheels with Meguiar鈥檚 Gold Class Car Wash Soap and a wheel brush to loosen the dirt/road grime
It generally takes me about 4.5 to 6 minutes per wheel because I have several different brushes I use for the rims, wheel faces, lug nuts, tires and wheel wells (See attached image). After the wheels are complete, I wash the rest of the EVO and dry the car with a leaf blower to remove the gross excess water which cuts the drying time down considerably.

Attachments

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I seldom have to do anything to the CCBs, and the rims stay very clean. The most I ever do is use a swifter then a light spray with my Detailer then wipe down the rim and good to good go. Of course mine never get dirty but I am very thankful for the CCB calipers when it comes to cleaning.
I know you have mentioned the use of the swifter before and I have never tried that, at least not yet.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I also never really touch the CCBs. My wheels are graphine coated also so they dont really get dirty but I'll wipe those down with my graphine detailer every now and them. About every 6 months I'll take the wheels off to clean the barrels and if I clean the CCBs, I just used the same CG Honeydew Snow Foam.
You just hit the wheels/wheel wells at the time of cleaning with a pressure washer, and twice a year pull the wheels, correct?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.