Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (list below)

Votes: 1 14.3%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you recommend and why. I want to get her into something with more luxury. She drives about 40 miles a day in warm Florida climate. Looking to spend somewhere in the 60-70k range.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Personally I would go with the Range Rover sport. It's super comfortable, looks great, and the marque is more distinctive than the other brands. Since you're in a warm climate definitely option the refrigerated center console to keep refreshments cold! Only downside in my mind is that the infotainment isn't as polished as BMW or Audi, but it's passable.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'd go w/ the Q8. It's pretty much the Urus under a different skirt and has a great drivetrain in it. Main reason I'd go for this one is mainly on the reliability department vs. the contenders.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Not so luxury, but I'm very happy with my Cherokee. They are great on and off the road, although the front-end is not robust so I'm currently checking some aftermarket jeep xj bumpers.

If I'm going to get a fancy SUV for street use, I would choose Range Rover Sport or the Mercedes-Benz GLE.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Personally I would go with the Range Rover sport. It's super comfortable, looks great, and the marque is more distinctive than the other brands. Since you're in a warm climate definitely option the refrigerated center console to keep refreshments cold! Only downside in my mind is that the infotainment isn't as polished as BMW or Audi, but it's passable.
the reliability is what i'm holding off on i dont want her to get stuck anywhere or be driving and all of a sudden her electronics go blank

I'd go w/ the Q8. It's pretty much the Urus under a different skirt and has a great drivetrain in it. Main reason I'd go for this one is mainly on the reliability department vs. the contenders.
i think this is on my shortlist

Gently used full size Rover, it is a much better truck vs the sport.
unfortunately she parks in small garages she needs something smaller but maybe for my next daily i'll think about those

·
Registered
51 Posts
the reliability is what i'm holding off on i dont want her to get stuck anywhere or be driving and all of a sudden her electronics go blank

i think this is on my shortlist

unfortunately she parks in small garages she needs something smaller but maybe for my next daily i'll think about those
Which is why you get one with the warranty still in tact...

Otherwise I think the Porsche Cayenne/Macan should also be on the short list.

·
Registered
785 Posts
My wife likes her Grand Cherokee Trackhawk. Not as luxurious or fancy, but loads of power and a very nice ride. In taht 60-70K range.

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
My dad & my father plus my friend all had the BMW 4.6is X5 & that's one hell of a machine. Then we all changed to the 4.8is when it came out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts