Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I did some searching on this subject but nothing specific. My 98 SV has this condition. I tried the key three times on and off, while leaving it on the fourth time, but no flashes. Also which side is considered right side, behind driver? Car runs fine.

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
I don't know if the inexpensive OBDII readers would work on our cars. You might want to give it a try.

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hope it's that simple...Turning off the battery disconnect switch that is. I've tried several times to get flashes but no luck. I'm hoping it'll just go away next drive. I'll check into the OBD reader also, I want to do all I can before sending to dealer. Thanks

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Raymo,

the Battery Disc. will not work, the Engine Computers(LIE's) & Radio Memory & Alarm still stay live!! You could try disconnecting the Battery itself which does clear the computers (in some cases), but then you need to run for 10 minutes at idle for the "relearn loop".

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have been told that there is a good chance that the OBD11 readers will not work on the car. You can spend the money and try it, about $100/150 or borrow a friends. My Lambo tech uses a laptop that was given to him by Lamborghini with the appropriate programs/software.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
The problem is that OBDII is not a complete spec - its more a description of the pin out of the connector. The connector can support a number of different protocols. As long as the OBDII reader supports the ISO 9141 format (Chrysler) or is described as doing "ODBC II Generic" you should be fine.

I use the autoxray 6000 (http://www.autoxray.com/products.aspx) and it pulls codes (no descriptions ie generic) and many performance numbers just fine from my 99 roadster.

The 6000 works on all sorts of cars even ODB I type vehicles and supports the new CAN protocol. In short all-singing and dancing.

-mick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts