Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any advice would be apprieciated

I had a light come up today on the left bank while driving... Then both came on and went off... restarted the car ten minutes later left bank light came up again...

Any thoughts

Thanks

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sean

I have checked the codes nothing... Its raining here so when the wheather clears i will take it for a run and re check and post later..

Thank you

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Could be engine misfires. I've had some check engine misfires before. Most of the time would just go away without leaving any codes.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is a misfire im sure of it... I just started the car and a heard a crack for the second time this year... The plenum chamber has split on start up backfire...

I realy need to get this fixed and find the problem.. Could the Lamda probe be over fueling or a sensor on the chamber be a problem...

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
carlo said:
It is a misfire im sure of it... I just started the car and a heard a crack for the second time this year... The plenum chamber has split on start up backfire...

I realy need to get this fixed and find the problem.. Could the Lamda probe be over fueling or a sensor on the chamber be a problem...
Take it to the dealer and you will know all!

·
Registered
46 Posts
This happened to me a few times when i accelerate hard. Took it to the dealer and the diagnosis was the plugs. I had a fallout with the dealer over treatment of the car in general so i took the car home and didnt change the plugs yet. Hope its something simple. Good luck.

carlo said:
Any advice would be apprieciated

I had a light come up today on the left bank while driving... Then both came on and went off... restarted the car ten minutes later left bank light came up again...

Any thoughts

Thanks

·
Vendor
1,792 Posts
carlo said:

Did your intake manifold cracked open?
After it did,did it rev up to 6-7k rpm?
When was the last time the engine was on before you started it?
The last time the engine was running,How was it running?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Yes the plenum chamber has cracked open and the gasket split....this is the second time this has happened... Its got to be over fueling... Its only on start up both times... I had the injectors flow tested and they came back fine..

The first time this happened earlier this year you are right it started up at 5k rpm.. this time i heard the crack before it fully fired up and looked on the chamber and it was broken...

The engine runs real good the car has only done 11k miles... It had a service just a few months ago plugs and other things...

car always runs rich but could this be the lamda probes...

thanks

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
What year Diablo?

And you're going to need to give more info before an accurate diagnoisis can be made via internet.

Try to give any prior symtems, weather temp, did you have your foot on the gas peddle during start-up, etc.

Regards, JRV

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
twinturbodiablo said:
One test is to check the injecters.I know you had them flow tested.

Did you have them leak tested also?

Did they test the injectors with ultrasound?
Sean... Yes mine is like this but not quite so bad... The injectors i swaped banks on the last install so i would have thought if the problem was leaky injectors it would have done the same but on the opposite bank... Yes they where pressure tested also... Ultrasound i will have to find out... I also pulled the fuel rails with injectors connected out of the manifold to see if i had a leak over night but no nothing.... :confused:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Can you tell me what 4 turns on the key is.... I have a disco show going on with both lights...

Thanks

·
Vendor
1,792 Posts
carlo said:
Sean... Yes mine is like this but not quite so bad... The injectors i swaped banks on the last install so i would have thought if the problem was leaky injectors it would have done the same but on the opposite bank... Yes they where pressure tested also... Ultrasound i will have to find out... I also pulled the fuel rails with injectors connected out of the manifold to see if i had a leak over night but no nothing.... :confused:
Carlo,
If you've checked the injectors,you should check your ignition coils next because may be you had unburned fuel when the coils didn't work properly for a split second.

Then you check and test your cam timing to make sure your timming is right.

You should check all the sensors and grond connection to the ECU.

I would highly recommend that you have a lambo tech who has worked on many diablos to perform the checks and tests.Take it to a lambo dealer but make sure they have a lot of experience with diablos. Some lambo dealers don't have a lot of experience because their training started with Gallardos and Murcies.Our Tech was trained in Italy at the Lambo factory on Diablo.

The reason we were able to repair this problem,was that we have worked on many many diablos.The customer,before bringing it to us, called many lambo dealers and independents and they were all baffled and never heard of this problem and didn't have an answer.As I said before this problem is very rare with diablos.

Let me know if you need any further help.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
twinturbodiablo said:
Carlo,
If you've checked the injectors,you should check your ignition coils next because may be you had unburned fuel when the coils didn't work properly for a split second.

Then you check and test your cam timing to make sure your timming is right.

You should check all the sensors and grond connection to the ECU.

I would highly recommend that you have a lambo tech who has worked on many diablos to perform the checks and tests.Take it to a lambo dealer but make sure they have a lot of experience with diablos. Some lambo dealers don't have a lot of experience because their training started with Gallardos and Murcies.Our Tech was trained in Italy at the Lambo factory on Diablo.

The reason we were able to repair this problem,was that we have worked on many many diablos.The customer,before bringing it to us, called many lambo dealers and independents and they were all baffled and never heard of this problem and didn't have an answer.As I said before this problem is very rare with diablos.

Let me know if you need any further help.
Thank you Sean and everyone that helped...

Yes the dealer could not fix it... So i will have to go through everything.. Del hopkins has also been very helpful...

I will let you know the problem as soon as it is fixed..

·
Registered
331 Posts
carlo said:

Yes the dealer could not fix it... So i will have to go through everything.. Del hopkins has also been very helpful...

Where is Del working now? Been some years since we met...

·
Vendor
1,792 Posts
carlo said:

Carlo,
You're welcome.
Have you pulled the codes because that could guide you in the right direction.Did you go to Lamboweb?It's a helpfull website.

Keep me in touch.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
twinturbodiablo said:
Carlo,
Check this website in order to find out what the code means.It is very important to pull the codes.

http://www.lamboweb.com/Repairs_Section/Repairs_Engine_Codes.htm
Sean... i had to reset the ecu... It had so many codes on there it was crazy... i have the chamber repaired and will start to go through the codes as soon as i have run it....

Thanks Again

Carlo

1 - 20 of 24 Posts