Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! First post here! Recently got hold of my bosses 99 Diablo SV and started doing a little bit of work to it. Replaced the battery and after i replaced it, the check engine light came on, for both the left and right side. I went over to lamboweb.com and found out with a simple procedure you can check the code out with out hooking up a scanner since i didnt have mine on me at the moment. Blinked 23 times, meaning "OBDII system failure" Now i have mechanical experience, but when it comes to lamborghini's i dont have too much. Is that the computer resetting it's self, and will that go away after being driven for a certain amount of miles?

Similar thing happened on a Ferrari 599 that i had taken in for service. I had the battery replaced and upon return the CEL was on. But after driving it for a few it went away!

Thanks for all the info! I look forward to expanding my knowledge on Lamborghini's!

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
They may indeed go out by themselves. I have connected and disconnected battery many times, no problem, so can't speak with knowledge. Did you change any other components where the computer may need to re-learn? if it doesn't go out, then you need the OBD reader.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didnt, the battery is all i did today. I will bring my scanner tomorrow and check it out. Hoping it just needs to re-learn it's self like the 599. It had me confused/worried because it said OBDII System Failure. But i drove the car for about a mile and everything was fine. We shall see..Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts