Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, my Check engine light left and right stay on, on my 2002 Murcie. The car also idles up and down when starting it when the car is cold. Does anyone have any ideas.

The car seams to run fine and the rough idle disapears when a little warm.

Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Scott,

this Sounds Very Much like your 4 throttle bodies need to be adjusted & syncned!!! It is well known that many early cars needed this. Plus, if you have been washing your engine, then water is probably in the spark plug holes, the factory issued updated Spark Plugs Boots because of this problem.

HTH's

·
Registered
41 Posts
Defeats the whole purpose of owning an FI car. A properly designed FI system is supposed to be a closed loop system. You might as well tear out the sensors, wiring and the ECU and put webers on. It will never be smog legal though :confused:

ltadmin said:
Scott,

it's a Dealer only procedure, because it requires the use of their Diagnostic Computer.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Don,

at some point ALL cars get into areas known as "Magnitude of Difficulty"!

I'm sure if one wanted to spend enough time, effort & money (for tools) that they Could set the 4 throttle bodies. I can see how trying to avoid Dealer Involvement "at all costs" could be achieved, but then the question becomes "why" ??? An owner can do at lot to keep his Lambo running well, but at some point "experts" are a nice thing to have on your side!!! :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One more Murcie question ,

Is it normal for the car to nstantly rev up to 2000 rpms for a few seconds right when the car is started.

thanks!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts