Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just out of curiosity I'm wondering what is the cheapest lambo
With scissor doors that was running ever sold for that anyone has seen no matter year or make pre pandemic?

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Calvin,
That’s a good question. But prices on collectibles are directly related to rarity and condition.
I believe Murcielagos between 2010-2017 were treated like Toyotas. I’ve only been into exotics for 2 years, so I can’t answer your question.

super cheap Lambos always have had storied baggage… wrecked and repaired, flooded etc.

Storied cars sell at a severe discount to the going rate. A mint lambo that sells for $300k could sell for $150k if it’s a storied car.

good luck

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
You could find Countach sub-$100k and Diablo Roadsters sub $80k when I started looking in 2012. I didn't track Diablos other than Roadsters but I can imagine early coupes probably traded sub $60k.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,066 Posts
You could find Countach sub-$100k and Diablo Roadsters sub $80k when I started looking in 2012. I didn't track Diablos other than Roadsters but I can imagine early coupes probably traded sub $60k.
Those days are long gone now.

Reactions: Luzifer

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Calvin,
I realize you want a gated lambo, but sadly those are going well over $200k

I would be looking at an egear Murci roadster… something like this(note: I have no idea if this car needs a full engine out service or if it’s a storied car)
Wow that seems inexpensive, here there's only 4 on autotrader from 279K to 379K.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I wouldn’t recommend an e-gear car (not including Aventador, haven’t driven one) to anyone. Once you get past the whizz bang of pretending to be an F1 driver (about 10 minutes) you realize why the reviews were always so bad about it.

Now having said that, with $150k or less, it is the only Lamborghini game in town.....and a flawed Lamborghini might be better than no Lamborghini.

Reactions: REKIII

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Calvin,
That’s a good question. But prices on collectibles are directly related to rarity and condition.
I believe Murcielagos between 2010-2017 were treated like Toyotas. I’ve only been into exotics for 2 years, so I can’t answer your question.

super cheap Lambos always have had storied baggage… wrecked and repaired, flooded etc.

Storied cars sell at a severe discount to the going rate. A mint lambo that sells for $300k could sell for $150k if it’s a storied car.

good luck
Unless you are talking about a salvage car that hasn’t been fixed there won’t be any half-off cars. Discount yes, but totally dependent on what the story is and how it is documented. Usually no discount if the damage was below $10k.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Unless you are talking about a salvage car that hasn’t been fixed there won’t be any half-off cars. Discount yes, but totally dependent on what the story is and how it is documented. Usually no discount if the damage was below $10k.
I sure hope your opinion is correct… my egear Murci roadster had a scratch on the cloth top. It showed up on the carfax. For what I paid, I stole the vehicle 😎

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
I wouldn’t recommend an e-gear car (not including Aventador, haven’t driven one) to anyone. Once you get past the whizz bang of pretending to be an F1 driver (about 10 minutes) you realize why the reviews were always so bad about it.

Now having said that, with $150k or less, it is the only Lamborghini game in town.....and a flawed Lamborghini might be better than no Lamborghini.
For a first time entry into exotics, I highly recommend a Murci roadster egear.
My reasoning… extremely low production numbers…V12!!!! … scissor doors… off the wall stunning looks, especially in skittle colors)… rides the pricing coat tails of Murci manuals… you can only drive the speed limit 😜
If/when the car markets crash, you minimize downside risk.
after a year or two of owning a low cost lambo, one can move up the food chain and go for more.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Calvin,

good luck
Ok thanks has anyone seen that orange murci tavarish found running for 80k? Or the 55k gallardo flood damaged gated for 60k I believe ...its a group of guys on youtube
Hell il even take a project murci.. or gallardo
If those exist lol the gated is 1st choice just because I heard the egears are so problematic is that true? Then I've also heard the murci have alot of problems because it's the "true Italian Lamborghini" not owned by audi? Is this true?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
For a first time entry into exotics, I highly recommend a Murci roadster egear.
My reasoning… extremely low production numbers…V12!!!! … scissor doors… off the wall stunning looks, especially in skittle colors)… rides the pricing coat tails of Murci manuals… you can only drive the speed limit 😜
If/when the car markets crash, you minimize downside risk.
after a year or two of owning a low cost lambo, one can move up the food chain and go for more.
Understand your POV, but I think the entry level models are better for the first time buyer, then upgrade to the top of the range V-12s later.....I mean what beginning violin player starts with a Stradivarius?

I made that mistake, and now I'm spoiled and like very few cars. Only the Ford GT has proven to be a worthy addition...I can no longer give a crap about regular production V8 Ferraris or V6....well anything.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I sure hope your opinion is correct… my egear Murci roadster had a scratch on the cloth top. It showed up on the carfax. For what I paid, I stole the vehicle 😎
The biggest thing on this is don't let bottom feeders badger you into thinking less of your car. If you put yours up for sale, some jacknuts will offer you 50% when you can buy a new top for $20k. Hey it's not like that top has any practical use anyway :)

Reactions: AngelOfMurci

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Ok thanks has anyone seen that orange murci tavarish found running for 80k? Or the 55k gallardo flood damaged gated for 60k I believe ...its a group of guys on youtube
If those exist lol the gated is 1st choice just because I heard the egears are so problematic is that true? Then I've also heard the murci have alot of problems because it's the "true Italian Lamborghini" not owned by audi? Is this true?
Would you really be up to a challenge of resurrecting such a car? Hoovie can because he uses our money to do it (youtube views). There are so many reasons why this is a bad idea for regular guys, and you appear to be underfunded from your initial posts. Maybe a C8 Corvette is a good landing spot for you.

e-gears are not as reliable as Ferrari F1s, and there is no logical debate on that. But Lamborghini brings things to the table that sub $500k Ferraris do not.

I'll let others chime in with Murcielago reliability, but it is 100% an Audi product...their first modern supercar so the learning curve might be the basis of the things you hear.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
I heard the same thing prior to buying my Murci egear. That’s why I did $15k in engine out service before receiving the car…. New clutch, throw out bearings, starter, egear lines, etc.

almost 2 years into ownership, I have not had a single issue. My local Audi dealership did my last fluid change.

Maybe my experience is unique, not the norm.
Also, I don’t launch or track my vehicle.
good luck!

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Understand your POV, but I think the entry level models are better for the first time buyer, then upgrade to the top of the range V-12s later.....I mean what beginning violin player starts with a Stradivarius?

I made that mistake, and now I'm spoiled and like very few cars. Only the Ford GT has proven to be a worthy addition...I can no longer give a crap about regular production V8 Ferraris or V6....well anything.
If I owned a momo roadster, I’d wouldn’t even consider looking at another vehicle!

my advice to Calvin is that you can treat a lambo purchase as an investment. Thus, look at earlier models that have low production models. Maybe Gallardos have some limited edition models?

I just think V12s and scissor doors will be harder and harder to obtain… even storied cars will start going up in value.

ps
Since I took ownership of the roadster, I have yet to open the frunk. The sight of the cloth top makes me laugh. Never have used it. Probably never will.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,066 Posts
I heard the same thing prior to buying my Murci egear. That’s why I did $15k in engine out service before receiving the car…. New clutch, throw out bearings, starter, egear lines, etc.

almost 2 years into ownership, I have not had a single issue. My local Audi dealership did my last fluid change.

Maybe my experience is unique, not the norm.
Also, I don’t launch or track my vehicle.
good luck!
Give it love and it will love you back.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
2009 up E gear improved alot over the years. In 2009 Lamborghini (and audi) and up, you did not have to go to the dealer for PIS adjustments to keep the clutch smooth as the clutch wore down.

My 2014 Aventador has a straight, butta, baby, egear. Banging through gears in corsa is the only way I drive. My ONLY gripe with my egear is how to put the transmission into a gear I want after I have switched to neutral as I'm rolling into a red light and then the light turns green as I have not yet come to a stop.

If I hit "+", then the car will go into like 5th gear when I'm doing 20 mph, necessitating a bunch of down shifts. My other option is to stop completely and then put it in 1st.

That is my only gripe.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts