Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Asking price is $268,888, definitely the lowest I've seen for a Performante with such low mileage (6,900 miles) for the past year or two. The only caveat is that the car has 2 accidents reported on the Carfax, but neither had the airbags deploy.

A solid purchase decision, or stay away because of not one but two accidents (however minor)?

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
For me, one is probably a deal breaker, but two? That’s not a caveat, it’s a cavity. A big one that requires a root canal.

$40 k off market value of a no story car isn’t enough for me to get interested.

Reactions: Cadster

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Any savings you get on a 2 accident HP is going to come back and bite you in the ass when its your turn to sell. Astute buyers at this pricepoint are extremely picky. I wouldnt touch a dinged Carfax HP let alone one with 2 strikes. Save your money until you can buy a one owner low mileage no stories HP.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is just a hypothetical. Would your opinions change if the price is reduced down to $250k and the buyer intends to keep it for 5+ years and put 30,000 miles on the odometer?

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Mine wouldn't. It is a beautiful spec tho.

·
Registered
32 Posts
If you dont care about resale value, then it doesn't really matter as long as the car checks out.

No story Perfs should be close to $250k once the Covid pricing tapers off. So if you really want green and you really want to buy now and you really dont care about resale value, go for it.

·
Registered
Current: SVJ, Pista, Urus, G80 M3 | Previous: 610, 580, Performante, Aventador
1,299 Posts
Clean and near new HP's were selling for $270k last summer so this car is way overpriced especially for a car that has two accident claims. Stay away.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
This is just a hypothetical. Would your opinions change if the price is reduced down to $250k and the buyer intends to keep it for 5+ years and put 30,000 miles on the odometer?
I wouldn’t buy it for $200K. Agree with other posters once COVID premiums normalize clean low mile no story HP’s will be around $250k.

Although limited some STO buyers may trade in their HP’s perhaps adding more nice used examples to the market in the near future.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,191 Posts
I agree with Surfah, 2 accidents is 2 too many. $268k is unrealistic.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Post 7 and 9 have merit.
I would pass at that price.

FWIW.
Pre China/Wuhan/Covid19 Virus would be the beginning basis price.
Minus another year of depreciation.
Big minus for 2 accidents
At $200K maybe that is a proper amount, yet I agree $268K is not.
Yeah, just my two cent comments.

Good morning all co-members and OP, good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
133 Posts
RUN! If you have to think this through this much, so will the next buyer. I think it is a $210-$225 car and even at that I would be nervous. Just my .02 worth.

·
Registered
2017 Lamborghini Huracan LP 580-2
58 Posts
I wouldn't touch it. Coming from a guy who has put his Viper in the ditch more times than I care to remember [but thankfully never been seriously injured or injured anyone else] it doesn't matter how much the person spent for repairs or who repaired the car. A wrecked car will never, ever be the same. Minor wreck in a supercar? Ha. No such thing. Want to buy a wrecked supercar for $300k and only ever go 60mph? Fine. But that's not why people buy supercars. I'd run from this can of expensive worms.

·
Registered
133 Posts
If this Performante is a coupe, it might be a good car for the track. If it is a spider, (usually driven totally different) it would be almost impossible to sell as an individual. If you are getting a loan on the car, the difference to buy a good car payment wise is not that substantial. As good of a car as the Huracan is, if you need to buy a car with a bad history to get into one, I would go a different direction or save up some come cash as to not get in trouble.

·
Registered
2017 Lamborghini Huracan LP 580-2
58 Posts
If this Performante is a coupe, it might be a good car for the track. If it is a spider, (usually driven totally different) it would be almost impossible to sell as an individual. If you are getting a loan on the car, the difference to buy a good car payment wise is not that substantial. As good of a car as the Huracan is, if you need to buy a car with a bad history to get into one, I would go a different direction or save up some come cash as to not get in trouble.
Agree with all this wisdom. It would make an awesome track car if it were $100k less!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I think mine was the best value...sold 2 days after listing...sold at $250K.. I bought it right from the owner that was moving out of the country so I passed the savings on..I AM not a greedy guy

·
Registered
1 Posts

Asking price is $268,888, definitely the lowest I've seen for a Performante with such low mileage (6,900 miles) for the past year or two. The only caveat is that the car has 2 accidents reported on the Carfax, but neither had the airbags deploy.

A solid purchase decision, or stay away because of not one but two accidents (however minor)?
I literally joined this forum (after many months of lurking) to tell you to not do it. The discount applied to cars for damage increases as a % when you're talking about high-end sports cars. There are very few buyers of over $200k special edition cars with damage unless it comes with a big discount. That car might be worth $275k unmolested so as someone else said, you're going to have to lop like $75k off the price for it to remotely be worth it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
25 Posts
Funny. I was looking at that one last night too (it's not like there are that many for sale, so we're all looking at the same cars!). Anyway, as soon as I saw that it had 2 accidents, I was immediately out. Even at 200, I still don't think I'd do it. I just don't want to spend that kind of money on something that's seen the inside of a body shop (much less, twice).

1 - 20 of 30 Posts