Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Gated Giallo Midas
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just changed the plugs on my PreLP and to my surprise after taking of all the coils then plugs i noticed there is some loose electric plug connectors on the coil pack harness attached to the engine.

Its a 3-Pin plug just underneath where all the plugs and coils are suppose to go.

It seems as if the heat and old age weakened the plastic to the connector plug and it cracked or shattered?

It literally fell apart when I unplugged the coil connections.

Where would I buy a new plastic connectors plugs and now I only suppose I will have misfire issues since it came apart?

Any suggestions on what I should do or how to move forward?

see pics below

·
Registered
2004 Gallardo 6-speed manual
59 Posts

·
Registered
Gated Giallo Midas
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just googled "coil pack connector VAG" and got lucky. It seems Lamborghini uses group-wide generic connectors. An example here:

Bosch VAG 4-Pin C.O.P Ignition Coil Connector - NZEFI

At least, from the picture they look pretty much the same. What do you think?

EDIT: another example from eBay, also with that pink part in it.

VAG Coil pack connector x6, TFSI R8 RB25 RB26 sr20 2jz 1jz toyota nissan VW Audi | eBay

It's actually not the coil connector. They are all fine.

If you look close underneath, there is a 3-Pin plug.

There is a separate plug wired with the coil pack harness that is plugged into which I think is a sensor to the head of the engine.

Thanks for looking into to it though!

·
Registered
2004 Gallardo 6-speed manual
59 Posts
It's actually not the coil connector. They are all fine.

If you look close underneath, there is a 3-Pin plug.

There is a separate plug wired with the coil pack harness that is plugged into which I think is a sensor to the head of the engine.

Thanks for looking into to it though!
Then, following your description, I reckon it should be the crank sensor... I made the same search "crank sensor plug VAG" and this came up as result. At the very least, it seems to fit your description (3-pin plug):

VW VAG 3 pin Crankshaft Connector 1J0 973 723 Pre-wired - FREE 1st class post | eBay

Next thing would be to confirm via some online schematics that this is, indeed, the crank sensor.

·
Registered
Gated Giallo Midas
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Then, following your description, I reckon it should be the crank sensor... I made the same search "crank sensor plug VAG" and this came up as result. At the very least, it seems to fit your description (3-pin plug):

VW VAG 3 pin Crankshaft Connector 1J0 973 723 Pre-wired - FREE 1st class post | eBay

Next thing would be to confirm via some online schematics that this is, indeed, the crank sensor.
Thank you so much!!!
I believe this is it and I appreciate it the time 🙏

I will compare with the plastic piece I found on the heat shield but this is most likely it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts